3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Elk Leather for Grip, Need Source  (Read 209 times)

Offline mikebiz

• Trad Bowhunter
Elk Leather for Grip, Need Source
« on: October 13, 2011, 10:02:00 PM »
So I have a Hill style bow that I would like to replace the grip on.  It currently sports a glued black elk leather grip, but the bow has brown glass.  I would like to replace the grip with dark brown elk to match the limbs.  And I want to lace it.  I'm having trouble finding dark brown elk leather in the proper weight.  I read around here that 1-2oz is appropriate for grips.  Anyone got a good source?  I don't want to buy a ton of it or spend a fortune either.  

For those of you who haven't shot a bow with elk leather it is extremely soft and comfortable.  I love it.
"...and last of all I leave to you the thrill of life and the joy of youth that throbs a moment in a well bent bow, then leaps forth in the flight of an arrow." - Saxton Pope

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Elk Leather for Grip, Need Source
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 10:21:00 PM »
Can you post a pic of your bow glass? I have a piece I bought at Denton a couple years ago and if it's right I'll cut you off what you need.
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline mikebiz

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Elk Leather for Grip, Need Source
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 10:34:00 PM »
Hi Kenny,

Thanks so much for the offer.  I sent you a pm.
"...and last of all I leave to you the thrill of life and the joy of youth that throbs a moment in a well bent bow, then leaps forth in the flight of an arrow." - Saxton Pope

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©