3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Oklahoma Bow Shop??  (Read 203 times)

Offline Millertime10

• Trad Bowhunter
Oklahoma Bow Shop??
« on: October 13, 2011, 10:04:00 PM »
I am curious if anyone knows of a good bow shop in central Oklahoma that are knowledgeable in traditional archery? I have not had luck in the past. From my experience, they will tell you they know about it, try to help you out, then you walk away worse off than when you first walked in. It's like they have too much pride to tell you they only know about compounds and know little about traditional equipment.

Offline GreenGrizz

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Oklahoma Bow Shop??
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 11:10:00 PM »
I've not had much luck here either. I have heard there is a shop in Del City (American Archery?) that "knows" traditional archery but I've not been there.

Offline BrianfromTulsa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 11:27:00 PM »
Pat's in Okmulgee is as good as we've got on the eastern half of the state.  Not exactly central but not that far off.

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 11:33:00 PM »
Call my buddy Nate Steele of BamaBows. He is in Tulsa. He is a sponsor here and will know the good shops.

Nate Steele

256-997-6349
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 07:17:00 AM »
Have you called Jeff Steele a call at Arrowhead Archery in Del City?
Jeff shoots both trad and wheels.
His shop is relatively new and probably caters more to compound shooters but he has helped me out a few times in the past.

http://www.arrowheadarcheryproshop.com/?go=directions

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 07:44:00 AM »
Pardon me for asking but what type of help are you looking for? I havn't been in or seen a truly knowledgable traditional archery shop since the early 70's. I get all of my questions answered on this site or by the sponsors of this site. If I want hands on advice, I'll attend the larger 3-D shoots and talk with the vendors. In Oklahoma, the McAlister traditional only shoot is held the first weekend in August at the McAlister Ammo Depot. Vendors attend every year from Kansas, Mo., Oklahoma, Texas, Ark. etc. that are knowledgable and want to share info. Good luck in your quest. Enjoy the journey.  :campfire:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©