3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lone wolf sit climbers -how low a seat  (Read 132 times)

Offline Bldtrailer

• Trad Bowhunter
Lone wolf sit climbers -how low a seat
« on: October 14, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
I have a lonewolf wide-seat sit climber but with the seat installed the upper section is to high to take shots to the side and rear without wacking my limb(60in).  Took the seat off and been sittting on the climbing bar, placed on top and low at knee hight   :dunno:   . What do you do to get a clear shot?
As we get older our bow weight goes down and our body weight goes up, One of Lifes little jokes.
Bringing Archery to
 Wounded Warriors

Offline Hattrick

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lone wolf sit climbers -how low a seat
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 12:48:00 PM »
You kinda learn to deal with it. I have the same stand. I also have a summit with the bare the hole way around which  is worst than LW stand. Latley i've found myself using it more even with bare due the comfort kinda like a trade off i can sit longer an move less just gotta be more heads up when game is around. There is no perfect stand, but these 2 are close. good luck
Bull

Online Jasper2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 02:24:00 PM »
The factory seat leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion, even though I found it comfortable.  It's too big and bulky and gets in the way when you climb ( I like to be able to actually see the teeth gripping the tree)and the factory seat blocks you from being able to do this when it's folded up.  I replaced mine with a homemade seat that I fashioned out of an old fishing net after seeing a picture of the Hazmore seat.  It is comfortable, light and sets you several inches higher than the factory seat.

Take care,
Jason
Take care,
Jason

56" Centaur Chimera 50#@27"

Offline Problem Child

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 03:48:00 PM »
Originally posted by Jasper2:
The factory seat leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion, even though I found it comfortable.  It's too big and bulky and gets in the way when you climb ( I like to be able to actually see the teeth gripping the tree)and the factory seat blocks you from being able to do this when it's folded up.  I replaced mine with a homemade seat that I fashioned out of an old fishing net after seeing a picture of the Hazmore seat.  It is comfortable, light and sets you several inches higher than the factory seat.

Take care
Jason
I did the same thing.I had an old Ol'Man net seat that I cut to fit the Lone Wolf. Although I haven't hunted for an extended amount of time with it yet,it feels pretty comfortable.One thing I did learn is....if you have on britches with buttons on the butt,either cut them off or make sure they're buttoned.Somehow both of my buttons got tangled in the netting and I was about ready to call 911 to get me loose.  :help:
"Right Wing Extremists"....has a nice ring to it don't it?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©