3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: bareshaft tuning question  (Read 173 times)

Online Formby

• Trad Bowhunter
bareshaft tuning question
« on: October 14, 2011, 11:38:00 PM »
ok so I got some gamegetter xx75 500's at full length. I started to bareshaft tune them, I am shooting 125g points. they all shot a little high with the back end of the arrow kicked up. What do i need to do next?

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: bareshaft tuning question
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 11:46:00 PM »
Lower your knock point slightly
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Widow's Son

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 11:47:00 PM »
Make sure you are holding your bow vertical. If you are canting your bow in a normal shooting stance what you're seeing as nock high may be nock left for a right handed person. Nock high is usually an effect of nocking point location. Try moving your nocking point up or down either way can cause nock high. Some times it's just a shooting form or release issue. I always seem to get a nock high arrow no matter what.  Black Widow has an excellent tutorial on this. Good luck.
1969 Bear Super Kodiak 45#
1966 Bear Kodiak 52#
2000 Black Widow MAII
46# at 28"
Roy Hall Navajo Stick, 64" Caddo 55#@28"

Offline widow sax

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 04:22:00 AM »
If you are shooting three under put two nocks on string one above and one below on release the arrow slides down the string. If you r shooting split it is most likely nock position like was said before try moving it up or down if its to low it will bounce up off shelf if its to high it can do it also look at arrow and  move it and see what happens and go from there.

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 07:36:00 AM »
a little nock high is ok and I alteast prefer it.  It helps with feather clearance, not a lot but a smidge of a knock high anyways.

Offline Javi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 09:59:00 AM »
Make sure that you are shooting at a target that is shoulder high when tuning for nock height...
Mike "Javi" Cooper
TBoT Member

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 03:41:00 PM »
Blowgunner, do yourself a favor and go to the ACS bows at A&H archery website and on the left side of the site click on the bar knowledge base. Then click on bow tuning written by OL Adcock and select the printable version. It's about 19 pages of the most valuable info on bow tuning you will find. It's a great reference to the perplexing things you will come across in search of a properly tuned arrow for your bow.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©