3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Deer lure idea  (Read 148 times)

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
Deer lure idea
« on: October 16, 2011, 09:03:00 PM »
I was shopping today and came accross some Yankee Candles(yank the money out yo wallet they so expensive type candles) and I was amazed at how much they smelled like what was oon the lable. So I thought has anyone ever used one as a lure,like the green apple,pumpkin or even the fall one for cover scent? Think I may try the apple.Your thoughts please.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Kapellmeister

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Deer lure idea
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 09:12:00 PM »
Not a bad idea, actually... I'm sure they make a vanilla as well.  Hmmm... maybe you can contact Yankee Candle with some new ideas for candles...  how 'bout "Doe in Estrous" or "Tarsal Gland"!

:laughing:
Gene

~ s.D.g. ~

68" Osage Orange Selfbow 55@28
68" Hill Half-Breed 55@28
64" Schafer Silvertip 1pc Longbow 50@28
58" Shrew Classic Hunter 49@28

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 02:55:00 PM »
Hey guys, I think somebody beat ya'll to it.  Somebody makes "scent-sticks" (like those incense sticks) that you light that comes in "Doe in heat".
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 03:05:00 PM »
I know they attract my wife. She has a candle fetish. Put one in your hunting clothes bin Tim and let us know how it works.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Crash

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 04:59:00 PM »
Wouldn't work for me right now.  It's so dry here we are under a burn ban.  Guess I could use that as a new way to conduct a deer drive, burn'em out.
"Instinctive archery is all about possibilities.  Mechanist archery is all about alternatives. "  Dean Torges

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 05:45:00 PM »
The ones I have been around in a store, you don't need to light them.  I have to have a tissue with me if I go near them in a store
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©