3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Vanilla Beans as an attractant ?  (Read 307 times)

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Vanilla Beans as an attractant ?
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 09:30:00 AM »
As far as peanut butter(for those that bait) take the lid off and screw it to a tree,cut the bottom of the plastic jar off and screw it back into the lid on the tree. next time you hunt you will see deer with clumps of peanut butter on their face.Its kinda funny. I tried the vanilla last year and couldnt tell the difference,but I smelled better than I normaly do.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Steve Humphrey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 11:16:00 AM »
Not sure how you intend on using the beans. If you grind and make your own scent no problem, but if you are using the whole bean placed as an attractant some states may consider that baiting. Check your local regs. Indiana considers anything that can be consumed as a bait and illegal.
We have made a start in discovering the meaning of human life when we plant shade trees under which we know full well we will never sit. - D. Elton Trueblood

Offline dave19113

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 03:32:00 PM »
I use vanilla extract.... half extract mixed w water... I spray it on my boots... I do have to say I see deer tracts that cover my own shortly after I walked past that area....... So idk but I think it calms them down
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Offline yekrut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »
Dave... I do the same and it works they walk right over top of my tracks, and they come stand under my stand sometimes and sniff around a little!
There are many good moccasin tracks along the trail of a straight arrow: ( fox )

Online ozy clint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, 06:49:00 AM »
i've of a few people using vanilla essence for pigs here in oz. mainly for trapping them. you could bait them with grain or whatever and use some vanilla too. ??
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©