3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Daala Questions  (Read 274 times)

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
Daala Questions
« on: October 17, 2011, 09:41:00 PM »
I am thinking about getting a bow or maybe a 17” riser and then finding some limbs.  I have some questions into 3rivers, but was wondering if maybe someone here would know some of this plus other stuff.

First what do you get with a riser?  Do you get a strike button, choice of grips, limb pads, bolts, and bushings?

Are the bushings that come with the bow the ones they list for Korean and Hoyt or something just for the Daala limbs?  I can't tell if the Koren Hoyt bushings are different or the same kind you get with the complete bow.  I assume the border limbs are a different bushing just for those limbs, but correct me if I am wrong.

If you got just a riser would you get the Daala limbs also or go for something different?  If different, what would you get for the same money as the Daala wood limbs, $250 budget?  This will be a hunting bow so I want quiet over top performance.

When they talk about maximum draw weight not exceeding the listed draw at 28” plus 5% it kind of sounds like you can’t draw the bow past 28” and really get 5# weight adjustment.  If I understand it right with a 29” draw I can only adjust from 2.5# under limb rated weight at 28” up to limb weight.  At a 30” draw you have to set the weight at minimum and you get no adjustment at all.  Am I getting that right?  So is this a riser issue or a limb issue?
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline Kentucky Jeff

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Daala Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 11:11:00 PM »
The 17"  Dalaa is set up for the DAS limb system.  You can change it over to the more universal ILF system by changing the bushings but my understanding is the Dalaa DAS system is more quiet.  All the limbs are rated for weight at 28"  You will typically gain 2-2.5# per inch of draw over 28".  Therefor if you bought some limbs rated at 40#@28" they might actually pull 45# at 30".  The weight adjustment only allows you to increase the draw weight.  So if you adjust those limbs up 5% the draw weight will likewise increase at 30" as well.  Max draw length is more a function of limb lemgth than anything else.  If you have a longer draw you need to stick with the long limbs.

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 06:14:00 AM »
If you buy limbs other than from 2Rivers, you just need to remove the ILF bushings and replace them with the DAS bushings. It takes longer to tell you how to do it, than the actual process takes.

If you buy just a riser, you will need to purchase the grip separately. Just call 3R and they will talk you through it.

As for limbs, their stock limbs are a good limb for the money. You can buy nicer limbs, but there is a lot to be learned as to which limbs to get.

One thing to be aware of, if you have a long draw length then you want the limb bolts set at or near the minimum preload. Long limbs will serve you best as well. This will give you a nice, even draw with no stacking.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 06:49:00 AM »
I have been working on my form some and have settled into more of a 29" draw.  Would a 60" bow work ok for me with finger pinch and being able to get the max out of the adjustment for weight or should I go with 62"?
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 07:10:00 AM »
I would highly suggest calling 3R and talk to one of their tech guys. They will give you sounds advice on bow length. I would lean toward a 62" bow for a 29" draw myself.

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 07:30:00 AM »
I have a 26" draw and my favorite limb length is longs just feels nicer.

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 07:32:00 AM »
$250 for wood ILF limbs seems a bit expensive. Those things usually sell for around $100.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©