3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: arrow spine with SBD string  (Read 233 times)

Offline acollins

• Trad Bowhunter
arrow spine with SBD string
« on: October 18, 2011, 08:09:00 PM »
I am picking up a new to me Damon Howatt Hunter.  It is 42# @ 28 and I am shooting it at 28.5  I have been reading alot about the SBD strings.  I emailed them today and they advised me that an 8 strand would be excellent for my bow.  My question is should I jump up in spine. I have read where after installing the string guys found there arrows to be weak.  I am going to be ordering some new arrows this week.  I believe a 2016 would be very close to what I need with a normal string, but with the SBD string should I jump up.  If I should jump up what size should I go to.

Thank You

Offline acollins

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: arrow spine with SBD string
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 09:43:00 PM »
TTT

Offline StickBowManMI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 09:49:00 PM »
I would listen to the people from SBd they make great strings that smoke arrows out of my 59Lb Frederick Longbow. They know what they are doing. Notice how many top bows are now coming with SBD strings?

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 09:50:00 PM »
Some others with more experience with aluminum arrows and bows close to that weight,but 2016 should be stiff for that bow,depending on how long you cut them and how much point weight you use.I wouldn't go stiffer.Many would use 1916's but like I say-depending.

Offline Igor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 10:31:00 PM »
I'm shooting a TT recon recurve @ 42lbs with 1916(s) at 29" and 125grains - 8 strand SBD.

><>

Glenn
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding In all your ways submit to him and he will direct your paths

Offline acollins

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 10:37:00 PM »
Thanks Igor. I will look at getting 1916's

Offline cbCrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 07:43:00 AM »
best info I can give you is to go to Stu Miller archery and down load his Dynamic Spine Calculator. Make sure you plug in proper info in all the boxes and it will get you real close and gives you a bunch of other options also.

Offline Rusty Snuffers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 04:47:00 PM »
Stu's calculator shows me why I couldn't get my GT 3335's tuned with my SBD string.  The Dynamic spine goes WAY up when compared to the B50...  over 5lbs.  Crazy that the string can make that much difference.
Black Widow PSA V 48# @27"
Samick Deermaster T/D 50# @28"
Dale Dye Good Medicine 50# @27"
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."  JRR Tolkien

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 05:03:00 PM »
Get the string, and then tune............even shooting style enters into the equation Stu's calc is a great tool, and it will get you close; but it is not all science.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©