3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: INDIANA DEER SEASON 2011 thread  (Read 830 times)

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
INDIANA DEER SEASON 2011 thread
« on: October 19, 2011, 03:24:00 PM »
Between work and rain I haven't been able to get out much yet. When I did get out it was hot. I was just wanted to start this thread to keep in touch with other Indiana hunters. Saw some other threads with specific states mentioned and liked the idea. So... lets hear what you've got.

For that matter it doesn't have to be just about deer.
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline acollins

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: INDIANA DEER SEASON 2011 thread
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 03:36:00 PM »
I have been out a few times. No luck. Got out this morning for about an hour till the monsoon drove me out of the stand.  Waiting on a South wind to hunt my honey hole. Cold weather should get em moving.

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 03:51:00 PM »
I hunted just the Southern IN Bowhunt so far.  Hot and little deer movement.

Wish I could get out this weekend but it's fall break so the kids and I are headed to a State Park for a visit.  There is a WMA close by though  :)   Sunday morning should be just about perfect IMO.
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 03:55:00 PM »
I'm down with bronchitis but staring to feel better and will hopefully I'll get some time to get out this weekend.

Stiks
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 03:55:00 PM »
I can hunt Fri., Sat. and Sun. mornings this week. I'm pumped about this weather change. Have seen more deer each time out this past week.

Rob
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 04:20:00 PM »
I have been seeing deer feeding on red oaks quite a bit but most seem to be feeding at night.  Had a lone doe pick me off on Sat. evening about 3 step from the shooting lane.  Been seeing a lot of turkeys too.  I have most of Nov. off.  That's what I am waiting for.

Offline laxbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 04:35:00 PM »
Should start to get really good in the next few days with it getting cold.  My brother is coming this weekend to hunt for a few days and then my dad (hackbow) will be out the 26-30th.  im hopin we all put deer on the ground.

Hung two stands in new locations last night so im eager to try those out this weekend

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 07:00:00 PM »
Hey John, I'll be up at Pokagon this weekend with the kids.  Staying at the lodge.  You ever hunt that WMA up that way?  Pigeon River I think it's called.  I'd love to sneak out there this weekend.  Probably not the responsible thing to do though  :)
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline stevewills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »
seen several small bucks passed on 6 so far,shot a doe sunday..weather permitting ill be out till wed.of next week...
i like biscuits

Offline briarsdad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 08:30:00 PM »
This is my first year hunting with the longbow an dso far I am 0 for 4. I have learned not to hunt out of my sons two man ladder stand with the longbow unless the deer are straight in front of you. I have two misses due to banging my bottom limb on the handrails on the sides of that thing. The other two misses were caused by, well that doesn't matter but I know it wasn't me not picking a spot that caused them.  :o
Black Widow PLX Osage
Black Widow PLX Crossgrain Graybark
Red Feather Archery broadheads!

Offline americanhunter7

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 09:12:00 PM »
I hunted Monday night as the current weather system was moving in. I saw 2 does (actually they were bedded right behind where my stand was and I wasn't paying attention  :banghead: ), and a third that was too far to take a shot at. Other than that my hunting was the Southern IN bowhunt and was too hot as well. Get better Kris, sorry to hear about the big "B" word. Thanks Bona for starting this thread for all us, "Hoosiers"...LOL!
John         :campfire:        

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Koko Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 10:00:00 PM »
I'll let you know what's going on in the Peru area once were done with the kids softball and football.  Between the two and now scouts there is little time to hunt.  None of those things are bad things to be occupying my time though.  Well except maybe work  :)
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! ~ Psalm 17

Dryad Epic

Offline tecum-tha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 10:05:00 PM »
Put the first one in the freezer saturday night,deer head behind tree, vital area open and screaming shoot!, seven yard shot,double lunger,went 30 yards and collapsed while I watched :-)). Checked, hung and skinned by 9 pm.Butchered by sunday noon.
Right time, right wind and the right amount of luck.Lawrence county.

Offline laxbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 11:39:00 PM »
John,

I havnt hunted any public land but i wouldnt be opposed.  My mom and brother will be here all weekend but i might be able to get out. just let me know.

Offline laxbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 11:45:00 PM »
there is also the marsh lake wildlife area which is part of pigeon river but much closer to the entrance of the park. not sure which one u were thinking about going to

Offline hawk22

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2011, 09:03:00 AM »
I killed a doe on the 3rd and it's been pretty slow ever since.  Hopefully tomorrow night should be a good.

Offline nlester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2011, 09:20:00 AM »
I hunted last night in that mess.  Wind was blowing 30mph and rainy, rainy!  I was beginning to think I was crazy, but the deer were moving.  I saw 4 with no shots.  A friend of mine was hunting 200 yrds down from me was covered up with deer...I think he saw 15.  Another guy was hunting the other side of the property saw 9 and killed a little button buck thinking it was a doe.  Not too bad considering the weather was less than pleasant.
Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge;
   fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Offline turkey65

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2011, 10:06:00 AM »
I'll be heading to Indiana on the 30th will be in the Nappanee area hunting with a good friend killed a real nice eight point last year,hope the weather cools some to move them bucks.

Offline canoeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2011, 11:41:00 AM »
I've been out 3 times an only seen one small buck so far.  I plan to sneak out Saturday morning to see what's moving.

Offline Breakfast Boy

• Corporate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2011, 12:15:00 PM »
Been out 4 times and have seen 15 deer thus far...five yearlings, one spike and the rest mature does.  Unfortunately, the only thing offering me any shots are the yearlings, which I've passed on.  Been nothing but wind and rain for three days up here in the northeast part of the state, but tomorrow is supposed to clear up.  Might try to get out in the morning and see what happens.  Good luck all!
-Jameson

Membership Secretary
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

www.comptontraditionalbowhunters.com

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©