3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Name on a new bow  (Read 417 times)

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Name on a new bow
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2011, 05:53:00 PM »
It doesn't hurt the value any. a used bow is a used bow, It's just not as marketable.

personally If I like it and shoot it well, then I dont even notice a  small name on it somewhere.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2011, 06:03:00 PM »
I have bought and sold bows with and without names and dedications, sometimes my own-it does not seem to make a difference.

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2011, 06:06:00 PM »
Originally posted by Cyclic-Rivers:
It doesn't hurt the value any. a used bow is a used bow, It's just not as marketable.

personally If I like it and shoot it well, then I dont even notice a  small name on it somewhere.
I feel the same way...sometimes less marketable, but never a loss in value.  I have had bows with other names on them....it was the bow itself that make me keep/sell the bow, not the name.
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2011, 06:32:00 PM »
I am only concerned with how the bow fits me. I've had them with and without someones name on them. One had the name written over the finish, so I just wiped it off with a little acetone and replaced it with mine. If I sell it, I can easily delete my name as well. I killed my first deer with that bow, so I guess the name really didn't matter much.

My name isn't on my Kanati, which Jason made for me, but I won't ever sell it anyway, so it could just as well be...maybe I'll fix that sometime.
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, 06:33:00 PM »
I too prefer no name. I wonder how many bows sold with the original buyers name on it would have thought that they would ever have sold that bow. Very few would be my guess.

Offline chopx2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2011, 07:30:00 PM »
I have the bowyer put a name on the bow. Either something that describes the bow aesthetically or the inspiration for her. Like blondie my blonde colored myrtle lam whip or Sally whos lams look like a snake track in sand. Sally was my pet python in college.
TGMM-Family of the Bow

The quest to improve is so focused on a few design aspects & compensating for hunter ineptness as to actually have reduced a bow & arrow’s effectiveness. Nothing better demonstrates this than mech. BHs & speed fixated designs

Offline chopx2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2011, 07:46:00 PM »
I have the bowyer put a name on the bow. Either something that describes the bow aesthetically or the inspiration for her. Like blondie my blonde colored myrtle lam whip or Sally whos lams look like a snake track in sand. Sally was my pet python in college.
TGMM-Family of the Bow

The quest to improve is so focused on a few design aspects & compensating for hunter ineptness as to actually have reduced a bow & arrow’s effectiveness. Nothing better demonstrates this than mech. BHs & speed fixated designs

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2011, 08:16:00 PM »
My buddy had his name put on a new longbow he had built--after hunting one evening he laid it on top of his car while he shed his other stuff.  Drove off and forgot it was up there--the bow fell off along a back road and was found by an honest guy who took it home and looked his number up and called him.  Had his name not been there it would have been gone forever.  He was glad he had his name on it.  :)
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Outwest

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »
I also wouldn't buy a bow with someone's name on it. Just wouldn't seem right.

John

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©