3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hoyt Buffalo......WOW!  (Read 282 times)

Offline slayer1

• Trad Bowhunter
Hoyt Buffalo......WOW!
« on: October 19, 2011, 09:53:00 PM »
I have never been a metal riser fan (or recurve fan for that matter) but I just picked up a Hoyt buffalo bow and all I can say is wow! I wasn't to impressed right out of the box, but I found a thread where a guy (reddog?) figured out how to tune them and he was spot on. Its the fastest smoothest quietest recurve I have ever shot. I got the 62" with 55 lb limbs - it flat smokes a 600 grain arrow. Has anyone else shot one of these?

Offline OHtar

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hoyt Buffalo......WOW!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 09:55:00 PM »
Your killing me. I have been drooling all over these bows lately. I keep seeing good things from them. I just have to find one around here, so I can shoot it. Enjoy the new bow.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 09:56:00 PM »
A friend of mine Mark Land shoots one. He smoked about 6-7 deer and a bear with his so far this year.I know he has a few Widows so if he put them on the shelf the buffalo must be sweet.RC

Offline slayer1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »
If you get one make sure you do a search hear and figure out how to tune it properly! I promise you won't be disappointed. It takes a lot to impress me.

Offline Sirius Black

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 08:20:00 PM »
Slayer, is tiller hard to adjust for on this bow? I shoot 3 under, and would want 0 tiller if I bought one. Eric
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member

Offline Altiman94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 08:29:00 PM »
I've been doing a lot of reading about the Buffalo and can't find anyone saying bad things about them.

Is it true that it only accepts the quiver made for the buffalo from hoyt?  will it accept other hoyt brand quivers?  I know it's not drilled & tapped to use a standard design.
>>>--------->

Offline anw0625

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 09:02:00 PM »
I think that is going to be my next bow!  I went to muzzy to pick up some stuff and was taking a tour and stopped to talk to Mark and He said that is shoots very smooth and his is about 54# and feels like 45#.
Stalker Coyote LongBow
Habu DeathAdder
German Kinetics "German Made"
Black Eagle Rampage

Offline FJTOYMAN

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 09:35:00 PM »
Wow is right! I just got mine about a week ago. Watched the video and started tuning. It is the fastest, hardest hitting bow in my line up. Its spits a CX 6075 cuts to 29.5" and a 175 grain arrow like nothing I've shot. In fact I got my first "robin hood" with traditional gear yesterday at 25 yards.
Best thing about it, it shoots vanes and feathers! Bring on the rain and snow, I'm ready for the late season black tail hunt.

Offline FJTOYMAN

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 09:40:00 PM »
Originally posted by Altiman94:

Is it true that it only accepts the quiver made for the buffalo from hoyt?  will it accept other hoyt brand quivers?  I know it's not drilled & tapped to use a standard design.
You can use the other Hoyt brand quivers. It has the triangle shaped hole in the side of the riser. Im using my slide on Selway quiver. It also is tapped for the traditional limb bolt as well.

About the only thing I don't like about this bow is the way the limb "floats" in the limb pocket. I have to use a stinger to string the bow. I can't just use my leg and hand or else the limb pops out of the socket.     :confused:

Offline Blaino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 10:26:00 PM »
Slayer- I'm with about not being into metal risers but that bow just looks like it's a great shooter. Now I guess I'll have to try with all the good reviews.
"It's not the trophy, but the race. It's not the quarry,
but the chase."

Offline Two Arrows

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 12:06:00 AM »
If you need a Hoyt quiver, I have one collecting dust on the shelf that I'd sell cheap.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Kid's Pastor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 12:18:00 AM »
FJTOYMAN,

I am very interested in a Hoyt Buffalo, but I have a question. How does the finish look like it will hold up? I heard that the black finish on the riser chips easily.
Also, where are you in Oregon? I am in Medford and if you are close I would love to see a Buffalo in person. The shop in town is not going to carry them.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2011, 12:28:00 AM »
Sounds like I need to try one! thanks for the write up.

Offline TDHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2011, 02:22:00 AM »
Nice shooting Andy!!

Offline GrayRhino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2011, 02:59:00 AM »
FJTOYMAN, that is some shooting!
God  now commandeth all men everywhere to repent.  Acts 17:30

"All bowhunting trips are good,  some are just real good!"  Bill Baker

"We're all trophy hunters...until something else comes along."  Glenn St. Charles

Offline bigugly1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 03:37:00 AM »
I love mine. I found it very easy to tune, well I found the arrows very easy to tune to it. I started shooting this bow in March after shooting a compound for a couple of years. I won two 3d tournaments and placed top three in 4 others. It's a joy to shoot, very smooth and very quiet. As for adjusting tiller it's real easy, just follow instructions on DVD takes all of 5 minutes if that. I experimented with shooting 3 under but I'm just more confident shooting split. I have two robinhoods with this bow, one at 13yards and one at 33yards and many banged up arrows and a few worried looks from buddies I shoot with...lol Since I have got mine 3 other guys in the club have purchased one, they really are a great bow!!

Offline FJTOYMAN

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 12:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kid's Pastor:
FJTOYMAN,

I am very interested in a Hoyt Buffalo, but I have a question. How does the finish look like it will hold up? I heard that the black finish on the riser chips easily.
Also, where are you in Oregon? I am in Medford and if you are close I would love to see a Buffalo in person. The shop in town is not going to carry them.

Thanks,
Paul
I'm in Salem. So far the finish has held up well. I got this from a fellow TGer and there are no marks on the riser so far. Do you have any trip planned up north?

Offline Kid's Pastor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 01:29:00 PM »
FJTOYMAN,

Thanks for the quick response. I won't be heading north anytime soon. If I do I will give you a shout.
Thanks,
Paul

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©