3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunt-more chair or waldrop packseat??  (Read 822 times)

Offline dhaverstick

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunt-more chair or waldrop packseat??
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 01:10:00 PM »
I look at the Huntmore's price and weight this way; if you hunt on the ground exclusively like I do then that stool is your "treestand". I never see anyone complaining that their Summit or Lone Wolf weighs too much and costs too much. Those qualities are just taken for granted even though they are both heavier and more expensive than a Huntmore 360.

For what you get, the Huntmore is worth every penny. It's comfortable, quiet, infinitely adjustable and it is built like a tank. What other stool do you know of that is rated for 300 lbs (like a treestand)? It will be the last stool you will ever need to buy for replacement purposes. And Scott Hoffman, the Huntmore inventor, is a top-notch guy. He will do everything in his power to make sure you are happy with your purchase.

That's all I got to say about that,

Darren

Offline RM81

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 01:41:00 PM »
Good point Darren.  Looking at it that way I can see justifing the $$ for it.  At first glance, the price is high enough to keep a lot of people away from it though.  But it is far superior to any other chair/stool I've tried.  Does anyone have a link to show how to set it up?  I want to make sure I have all the straps and buckles in the right spot.  Do the straps for the backrest feed through the D rings where the seat attaches to the frame?

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 01:50:00 PM »
If mobility is important the Waldrop Pac seat is hard to beat. Bought mine in May and have hunted with it since October 1. Have not taken game with it yet, but no fault of the seat. Had a 300 pound friend who sat in it this weekend with no problem. If I lost this one, I would replace it immediately. Well made and worth the money if you spend a lot of time hunting from the ground.  :thumbsup:

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 05:06:00 PM »
What I did not like about the pack seat is when it is used on a steep hill side. I got a worse back ache than I normally have. The Huntmore does not sink into the mud, can be set level on a steep slope and does not need a tree to lean against. The problem with the Nifty seat is that one can lose his balance when rotating on slopes and fall over. Some of our best areas to setup are steep and have no large trees, our deer figure out what is in those trees by rut and avoid them.  Besides who wants to compete for a place to hunt if you are stuck with being in woods with big trees with lots of others that think their tree stands are the equivalent to a no trespassing sign.

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 05:12:00 PM »
The Waldorp is a better choice  by a wide margin, in my opinion.
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline 3arrows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »
Fanaticoutdoors Hammock seat is small,light weight,comfortable,fast to set up.But you need a tree,i bought two just in case they quit making them.
Believe in nothing,fall for anything

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 12:50:00 AM »
The Huntmore is a very nice chair that is well worth the money if it is used for its intended purpose. Darren said it best.

I also like the Double Bull Magnum Tri-Stool for a lighter, comfortable blind chair, but it doesn't have adjustable legs or a rotating seat, and is not nearly as well built.

The Nif-T-Seat is extremely handy, light and portable, but it is not made to sit on for a long time. Effort is required to maintain balance, and it does not have a back for comfort. About an hour on it is all I can stand before I get very restless. However, it is great for call and wait hunting for turkeys and varmints where you move around often and go to new setups regularly.

The Waldrop seat and others similar to it are comfortable and relatively light, although far more bulky than the Nif-T-Seat. If you don't have to move around as far and as fast, the Waldrop would be a better option for staying comfortable once you get to a new setup.

All of these seats have advantages and disadvantages, so you have to buy what works for your primary conditions -- or else buy them all and use the one that works best on a particular hunt. Since the original question asked about using a seat on the move, I would narrow the choices to the Waldrop and the Nif-T-Seat, depending on what kind of movement was required. For more movement, choose the Nif-T-Seat. For more comfort, choose the Waldrop.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline trapperjay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2011, 09:15:00 PM »
from the pics on asbell's site, it looks like the angle of the back of the chair would be uncomfortable. is that adjustable?

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2011, 09:36:00 PM »
If you find a lazy boy uncomfortable then yes it would be, but I love mine.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2011, 09:50:00 PM »
Originally posted by Mudd:
If you find a lazy boy uncomfortable then yes it would be, but I love mine.

God bless,Mudd
I liked mine so much I bought another. Best seat bar none my opinion!

Well put Mudd

Jason

Offline Sharptop

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2011, 06:10:00 AM »
I suggest anyone consider the Hunter Seat for anything not in a stand alone blind. Very easy to carry, super sturdy and comfortable and fairly cheap.

http://www.hunterseat.com/products/

http://www.hunterseat.com/admin/uploads/gallery/Fountain_City_Aug._2008_124.jpg

Offline dirtguy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2011, 06:37:00 AM »
bolo - It appears to be in excess of 1 Biggie Hoffman (No insult intended - this is coming from a guy who could easily be know as biggie himself)

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2011, 11:15:00 AM »
Originally posted by dirtguy:
bolo - It appears to be in excess of 1 Biggie Hoffman (No insult intended - this is coming from a guy who could easily be know as biggie himself)
Ha!  I'm down to 345#  no problem with the Waldrop seat at all.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2011, 11:22:00 AM »
Has anyone attached a pack or anything to one of the pack seats,and how did it work....got a pic? I'm going to order one of these shortly and I'm looking for ideas. Just want to carry a lunch and a drink....maybe a camera!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2011, 03:52:00 PM »
Ron,

I carry a Badlands 2200 and even my boot blankets and little padded seat attached to my PacSeat. Let me see if I can't take a few pictures to show ya.

Check back on this thread later this evening.

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2011, 04:13:00 PM »
Again....I don't think its 'either - or'....two different chairs for two different applications.  Both server their own purpose VERY well.

And yes, you can affix stuff to the Waldrop...I strap lock ons to mine to carry them in to hang ...done that many times with bungee cords.

Yes...the Waldrop is also adjustable....if you read about the chair you will find out a lot more than just by looking at the pic and assuming.    :campfire:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline bolo7735

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2011, 06:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by Biggie Hoffman:

Originally posted by dirtguy:
Ha!  I'm down to 345#  no problem with the Waldrop seat at all. [/b]
Thanks for the help. I ordered mine today. I weigh 280lbs and most chairs don't usually last. LOL

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2011, 09:21:00 PM »
Ron,

Here ya go........if this works. Photobucket has been giving me fits all evening.

Lets see how it goes..........

Winterhawk1960

What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2011, 10:13:00 PM »
I see.....so you carry the seat and the seat carry's the pack just like you would wear it. So you take the pack off when you get to your spot. I think I have to bite the bullet and order one of these things........   :thumbsup:   Thanks, like they say, a picture can say a thousand words....
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Steve Chappell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2011, 12:22:00 PM »
Is Asbell the only one that sells the Waldrop?
AKA - Huntfun
Professional Bowhunters Society-Regular Member
Compton Life member
Michigan Longbow Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©