3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: catquiver and a climber  (Read 337 times)

Offline stevewills

• Trad Bowhunter
catquiver and a climber
« on: October 20, 2011, 04:05:00 PM »
I love the fact of the carrying capacity of my catquiver,but hate the fact i cant carry my lone wolf hand climber.does anyone suggest someway to carry both,if i had to ditch one or the other for a stalk,the climber is going in the bushes,any help is suggestions would be great..
i like biscuits

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: catquiver and a climber
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 04:11:00 PM »
Strap the quiver to the stand
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Online TIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 04:35:00 PM »
That's the main reason I went to a bow quiver!  I actually prefer a back quiver but the bow quiver has it's perks!
TIM B

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 04:38:00 PM »
Originally posted by awbowman:
Strap the quiver to the stand
x2

I actually strap my backpack and quiver to my stand if I am going in for the day.

Offline Mr.Magoo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 04:41:00 PM »
Yep.  Strap the quiver to the stand.  I have a small carabiner attached to my stand with zip ties to hang the quiver on once I'm set.

Offline stevewills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 04:45:00 PM »
bow quiver is out of the question,and i hate carrying a backpack,catquiver is the best of both worlds for me,ill try a way to attach it.
i like biscuits

Online Cobie33

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 07:21:00 PM »
I attach mine to my stand as well.  Have for years.
"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.”
 Albert Pike

Offline Recurve50 LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 07:26:00 PM »
When I use my Loggy climber I can strap my CatII quiver to the stand while I'm hiking in to my hunting area.
Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

56" 45#@28" Thunder Stick Mag
62" 45#@28" Turkey Creek Longbow
1966 42#@28" Bear Grizley

Offline coltar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 07:33:00 PM »
I use a bow quiver & hang it on a hook once I get in the tree,don't need more than 4 or 5 arrows.

Offline ErikT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 08:04:00 AM »
I tried a mini catquiver with my Lone Wolf and it was on of the most miserable experiences with gear that I've ever had.  I attempted to sling it various ways, then attempted to hook it to the back of the stand but it would not hang properly without swinging around.  Then you get to your stand and instead of having to pull one unit (your bow/quiver/arrows), you have to haul 2 separate pieces of gear.  Then you need to find a second place to hang the cat on the tree (along with your bow and fanny pack).  I'm sorry but cats and back quivers are just not the best option for treestand hunting.  I did use a cat for stalking and still hunting javelina in TX and found it to work "okay" for that type of hunting but the bow quiver does it all.  Your bow/quiver/arrows are all one consolidated piece of gear! Think about it.  Why screw around with a cat quiver if you are going to hunt from a tree?
www.yankeehunter.com
Hunt much? ©

Offline Running Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 08:33:00 AM »
I hunt with different bows and this was a problem. I went with a small pack( a little bit bigger then a fanny pack) and a quicky quiver. I use a summit open shot climber, I bolted a receiver to the right side of the bottom part of the stand for a quicky quiver. You can pull a arrow out while walking or stalking, I remove the quiver when I climb but replace it when I am all set up. Having the quiver attached to the stand has earned me more then a few deer in past years.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 08:42:00 AM »
Originally posted by TIM B:
That's the main reason I went to a bow quiver!  I actually prefer a back quiver but the bow quiver has it's perks!
TIM B

Then on top of that sometimes you have to pack in coats, steps or ladder and all the other stuff.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline ErikT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 08:47:00 AM »
I also prefer a back quiver for ease of extracting arrows and reloading when field shooting, stump shooting, target shooting, etc.. but the bow quiver rules for hunting, especially out of a treestand.
www.yankeehunter.com
Hunt much? ©

Offline Otto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 01:40:00 PM »
I use a Catquiver and pack in either a strap on or a climbing stand.

Bungee cords are your friend.
Otto

Offline John Krause

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 09:01:00 PM »
Just a few times over the last few years but for several years and will do it again several times this year I use a Lone Wolf hand climber with a back quiver. I bunge the back quiver to the stand on the hike in. Have the quiver on my back climbing the tree. Do a screw in hook at the top of the tree (about waist height). Also use the hook for keeping the seat climbing strap from slipping down. Just the right height so when I am standing I can reach for an arrow. Pretty quiet. Many times can get a 2nd arrow if I need it   :)

Usually have 4 B heads and and 5 or 6 blunts or rubber tips for shooting before I climb down. It works perfect.
When a man shoots with a bow it is own vigor of body that drives the arrow,  his own mind controls the missile's flight......His trained muscles and toughened thews have done the work

Offline John Krause

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 09:07:00 PM »
Also carry a fanny pack (move it to the side on your waist or slip it over the stand on the the way in). Hang it from another screw in hook at the top. Use the hook on the other under side of the top climbing strap.
When a man shoots with a bow it is own vigor of body that drives the arrow,  his own mind controls the missile's flight......His trained muscles and toughened thews have done the work

Offline stevewills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 09:47:00 PM »
problem took care of,sold my new lone wolf,and went to ladder stands that i already have up,and i have some heavy stands i leave in the woods...problem solved
i like biscuits

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2011, 11:41:00 AM »
If you really want to do it, it isn't all that difficult.  Find a way.  If not, well  it is easy to make excuses.  There are straps and strings aplenty in this world, make it work.  That's what we do.
ChuckC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©