3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How's About An "Almost" Topic?...........  (Read 389 times)

Offline Okie man

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How's About An "Almost" Topic?...........
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2011, 07:36:00 PM »
I had one at 15' with just a ragged cedar tree between us. If he would have taken 2 more steps to clear some limbs he would have had a Ribtek induced breathing problem. I'm thinking 2 more steps is all I need. I am on the ground on a sidehill and he is right in front of me. Just then the wind gusts and swirls my scent right back to him and he wheels and runs blowing as he goes. He was a pretty little spike buck that would have looked good in my freezer but I learn something during each encounter like how much I hate humble pie and tag soup. Ground hunting is tough!
When the moment of truth arrives, the time for preparation has passed

Offline imhntn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2011, 08:27:00 PM »
I had this little fellow in front of me for a couple hours last night.  He got a little whiff of me and backed up and then lay down in the food plot looking right at my tree but never looked up at me.  I was mighty uncomfortable having to stand still for that long.  Finally he looked to my left hard and I looked over and big antlers were coming out of the brush.  A big 10 pt walks out and is coming right to me when he catches a little whiff of something and backs up.  Since the little fellow was bedded down about 15 yrds from me, he relaxed and started feeding at 20 yrds broadside.  I picked a spot and he ducked under the arrow for a clean miss.  It would have been a great shot.

2 Timothy 2:2

Offline JDunlap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2011, 11:32:00 PM »
Missed a turkey at about 17yds last night. Shot as it was moving between two saplings. Shot just a little early and so the arrow went right in front of its breast. Probably the same turkey I missed this past spring. Disgusting...but fun!
Sandy Biles Scorpion TD RC; 54@28
RER XR Static Tip RC; 50@28
JC Optimus riser/Uukha EX1EVO2 [email protected]

Offline slivrslingr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2011, 11:35:00 PM »
"Almost" is my middle name, had it for wayyyy too long!

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2011, 05:29:00 AM »
I could join you in the almost club this season Mike, this ground hunting is not easy but it sure is exciting and heck the deer look bigger than when you watch them from a tree   :p

I shot a doe from a tree but I almost shot at a couple bucks but they were small, I almost shot a nice buck but the brush deflected my arrow. I almost shot a doe yesterday but my shot was low.
Can I join   :knothead:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2011, 08:46:00 AM »
I almost drew a deer tag this year! I had my best almost year on elk,I had elk within 80 yards most days. I have almost hit ducks twice this month. The shafts and fletchings have grazed twice but not the business end yet!

Offline Recurve50 LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2011, 12:06:00 PM »
Good luck on those tame deer Mike. They have been giving me fits for years!
Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

56" 45#@28" Thunder Stick Mag
62" 45#@28" Turkey Creek Longbow
1966 42#@28" Bear Grizley

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©