3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who said deer aren't smart  (Read 238 times)

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
Who said deer aren't smart
« on: October 23, 2011, 10:09:00 AM »
Well my opportunity for taking a Doe ended here in the northern zone, on friday. I had limited time out and had less luck. Didn't even see the animals I usually do, but don't get a shot at. Seemed like they were all on vacation somewhere else. get up this morning and look out the window and there were 15 does in the small field in front of my house.3 within bow shot of my livingroom window. I think they have read the hunting regulations.  :smileystooges:    :knothead:
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who said deer aren't smart
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 11:30:00 AM »
No argument here!

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Llamma1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 12:03:00 PM »
I here what your saying. I wake up every morning to 3 bucks in my back yard. One is just a beautiful mule dear. But my wife likes to look at them so I let them be. Can't weight for November.
Now then, get your equipment—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline gnihsifnamk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 01:09:00 PM »
ahh the unpredictability of the adirondacks, I hear ya razorback, I'm up in saranac lake. Three times I had does come in range, they always came in behind my ground blind on a minor trail rather than the major trail in front of me...doh. I am lamenting the end of bow season as well, too short up here.

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 01:31:00 PM »
Back in this morning and no deer sightings.  As we were getting ready for church I look out the back window and a 4 point buck goes wandering right past my carriage house without a care in the world.  You just got to love it!

Offline bowzonly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 06:01:00 PM »
Deer are only as smart as the education that humans give them. I have a pic of a nice 12 pt looking at me from 40 yards away while I was hunting on the ground for javies on a big Texas ranch.  The buck was so used to humans walking past him all his life ( because he hadn't reached his "full potential") that he didn't percieve humans as a threat. My next pic is of him reaching back to lick himself.  Back here in joisey I have had lone yearlings turn themselves inside out when they spotted me in the tree.

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 08:42:00 PM »
Yep many a time I was sure thet had read the regs!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©