3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Branson vacation  (Read 742 times)

Offline Paul Daellenbach

• Trad Bowhunter
Branson vacation
« on: July 11, 2007, 10:58:00 AM »
Any of you guy's from the branson area? I will be there the 17th of August on a family vacation. I could bring my bow if there's anyplace to shoot. I'd love to meet some of you guys as well. Thanks Paul D.

Offline camocowboy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Branson vacation
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 01:55:00 PM »
Go by the Roy Rogers museum and take a look at "ol" Roy's Trad gear. He use to hunt with Howard Hill.

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 04:03:00 PM »
Go to the Black Widow factory.  It is fun to visit there and shoot a bunch of their bows.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 04:33:00 PM »
I'm planning a trip to Branson in September. The Black Widow factory is on my things to do list. I believe it is about 60 miles from Bransin. Does anyone know for sure?

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 05:09:00 PM »
1: Start out going NORTH on US-65 BR / MO-76 toward W MAIN ST. <0.1 miles Map

2: Turn LEFT onto W MAIN ST / MO-76. 0.3 miles Map

3: Merge onto US-65 N via the ramp on the LEFT toward SPRINGFIELD. 27.0 miles Map

4: Take the MO-14 exit toward NIXA / OZARK. 0.2 miles Map

5: Turn LEFT onto MO-14 / TIGER BLVD / W JACKSON ST. Continue to follow MO-14. 4.3 miles Map

6: End at Nixa, MO US  Map

Total Est. Time: 34 minutes     Total Est. Distance: 32.05 miles
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 05:22:00 PM »
Yep,
I live about an hour from Branson, less than that to the Widow factory.  Ray has given you the directions.  I would meet you and show you around, but I am in Africa until August 18th.  There is a Fred Bear museum at the Bass Pro in Springfield (30 minutes from Branson).  It is decent, but not completed.  Definitely stop by the Widow Factory, Roger and the guys are the best folks you could ever hope to meet.  The only catch is that they are only open Mon-Fri until 4:30 or so.  There is also a pretty cool shop in Branson called Alaska Down South which has lots of cool mounts, pictures, and stuff for sale.  
If you want to come to my house and shoot after the 18th you are welcome to, but I will have just moved in the DAY BEFORE leaving for Africa, so you may have to help unpack stuff between shots.  :goldtooth:

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 08:41:00 PM »
Roger and the gang at Black Widow do some 3D shooting down in Branson on Monday nights or at least they were over the winter. I live in Ozark and work in Nixa. Shoot me a email if I can help in anyway. Black Widow and Bass Pro will take up the better part of a day.
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline geno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 11:21:00 PM »
Paul,

Send me an e-mail when times gets closer you will probably drive 6 miles from my house off 44. Might be a good resting area.we can shoot here.i will be in branson on the 24Th if you are still there
G
"Learning how to shoot a bow is easy if you learn the right way"..Howard Hill

Offline Onestringer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 11:30:00 PM »
Yep the Monday night shoots start in August, not sure what date.

Scott
Sights, SIGHTS, we don't need no stinkin sights!!!!!

If Geronimo shot a Black Widow, you would be speaking Apache.

TGMM Family of the Bow

http://www.onestringer.com

Offline geno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 11:41:00 PM »
where do they shoot?? In branson or there shop..

Offline Paul Daellenbach

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 07:26:00 AM »
Thanks for the info guys. I was hoping to go to the black widow shop while I was in branson. I will make a copy of all the post so I can refer back to them. If any of you wanted to e-mail me at work it's [email protected] Thanks for all your help. Paul D

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 07:37:00 AM »
Geno,
It is in Branson. They only have a small indoor range at Black widow.
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline Onestringer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 09:55:00 AM »
The monday night shoots are in Branson, at a place called Branson Archery.  I don't know how to give directions, I just know how to drive there.
Sights, SIGHTS, we don't need no stinkin sights!!!!!

If Geronimo shot a Black Widow, you would be speaking Apache.

TGMM Family of the Bow

http://www.onestringer.com

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 09:58:00 AM »
Was just up that way.  I visited the boys at the Widow Works and was treated very well there.  I also went to Bass Pro in Springfield.  It is a great store, but...

...after visiting the Fred Bear Museum here in Florida many many times I was dismayed by what Bass Pro has done with it.  The display is a miniscule amount of the total Bear collection.  I had hoped that BPS would keep it all together.  What they have on display is nice and it is tastefully presented, but I know there is so much more.

There is a free ranging elk herd in N Arkansas that is fairly close to Branson.  You can ask the guys at Bass Pro for directions.  I didn't have time to get over that way.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline geno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 10:56:00 AM »
There is a place on 86  MO. / AR. Line. It it called dogwood canyon. owned my Johny Morris (BPS).
The place in AR. Is down in jasper, on the buffalo river. That is where they draw for elk tags every yr.

Offline Paul Daellenbach

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007, 09:06:00 AM »
keep the info coming. I can only stand so much sitting around the pool. Do you know of any local archery clubs where I might shoot my bow if I bring it. or even private one's in your back yard? Thanks again Paul D.

Offline Owlgrowler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007, 11:14:00 AM »
Don't forget to take your flyrod, there's great trout fishin right there below Table Rock dam
Bragging may not bring happiness,
but no man having caught a large fish,goes home through the alley.

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 02:07:00 PM »
Good info Ray. The map is a big help.

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 09:22:00 PM »
You are more than welcome to come by and shoot into my haybale if you don't mind driving up to north of Ozark.

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 09:25:00 PM »
Hey, you could also go over to Drury-Mincy Conservation area. It is about 7 miles east of Branson on 76. Good hiking, mnt. biking or stumping. I will check the regs on the area I don't think there are any restrictions for prowling around over there. The fishing is good also.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©