3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 3rivers  (Read 665 times)

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 3rivers
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2011, 04:28:00 PM »
3 Rivers shipping is freakishly fast and they really help guys like us with no good shop around. So big   :thumbsup:   to 3Rivers.

Most could care less if 3Rivers "diversifies" into other areas, as long as they serve their stickbow customers well.

Bear Archery has been making compounds since the late 70's.     ;)
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2011, 04:41:00 PM »
Originally posted by Archer Fanatic:
I'm probably going to get kicked off of tradgang but so be it. This kinda of thread is irresponsible and stupid. Most guys I see shouldn't even be shooting a recurve or longbow. I statrted back in the 60's and this thread comes accross as elistist.
I don't see where you get that from, the guy asked a legit question and got some legit answers, you are out of left field with your response.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2011, 06:02:00 PM »
I'm probably going to get kicked off of tradgang but so be it. This kinda of thread is irresponsible and stupid. Most guys I see shouldn't even be shooting a recurve or longbow. I statrted back in the 60's and this thread comes accross as elistist.
you haven't a clue as to what yer saying, and your disrespectful attitude has made your wish reality - POOF! - now you're gone.  

feel better?  i sure hope it was worth it for ya.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline L. Harris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2011, 06:04:00 PM »
Once a little older guy came into the shop I was helping at and purchased a PSE coyote. He brought it back a couple days later and had one of those"Rainbow" sights from way,way past days (yes, I remember those days) and had me mount it along with an elevated rest. The part I started having problems with was when he asked me to tie him a shooters loop on, and put a peep sight with aligning rubber in the string, yes, he was going to use a release. Poor man struggled for days with horrendous misses at 10 yds. I finally got him to try some 40lb. limbs instead of the 55 he had, helped a little but not much.
Traditional Bowhunting: Cunning and stealth, not gadgets and gizmos!

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2011, 06:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by Rob DiStefano:

you haven't a clue as to what yer saying, and your disrespectful attitude has made your wish reality - POOF! - now you're gone.  

Rob he didnt even get a chance to rub your lamp...LOL
  I have seen guys with sights and range indicators on many bows, its all personal choice. And 3rivers is on the ball when it comes to shipping fast.
feel better?  i sure hope it was worth it for ya. [/b]
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Stick n' String

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2011, 06:12:00 PM »
Someone hurry up and call the traditional archery police!!!! We don't want our kids to see a sighting device and think such a thing should be placed on a recurve or long bow. The horror!!!!!

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2011, 06:20:00 PM »
I do not have a problem with people who shoot with sights. As a matter of fact some of my best friends shoot compounds. To those of you who shoot sights more power to you.
James Kerr

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2011, 06:28:00 PM »
to rehash what really shouldn't hafta be rehashed, bow sights and release aids have both been in "traditional archery" use for centuries if not millenniums.  

i think summa you young'uns would think differently if you'd been into archery pre-wheels, at least around the 50's and 60's.  

seriously, can we move on, please?

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »
What's the beef?
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2011, 07:38:00 PM »
Originally posted by Cyclic-Rivers:
What's the beef?
beats me ....

Offline Hit-or-Miss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2011, 07:42:00 PM »
There appear to be a TON of vintage bows sold on a certain BIG auction site, with vintage sights on them, still in place from decades ago. And as already mentioned previously, as the famous bowyer, writer, and noted big game hunter Jack Howard used and suggested sights on his recurves, I see NO issue with 3-Rivers selling sights. I have old archery mags from the 50's and 60's (Pre-wheels era), and there were countless sights and gadgets available. 3-Rivers is a damn good company, and I wouldn't care what they sold, I'll still buy from them when I need something, even if I don't use sights. Live and let live.

Offline Llamma1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2011, 07:43:00 PM »
I was surprised to see them the other day. But each to there own, ya know.
Now then, get your equipment—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2011, 07:50:00 PM »
Don't matter one bit to me whether or not 3R sells sights or whether or not you use them.

However...

I hope the discussions over what is and what isn't traditional never stop.  If they do, that'll mean we've all just decided to accept everything, and nothing will be traditional.
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2011, 07:54:00 PM »
when i look at the age of guys not sure about, or against bow sights, they were not around in the pre-compound 50's and 60's and i think therein may lie the issue.  *some* of these younger folks don't know about the earlier years of "traditional" bowhunting in the usa, when there were only recurves and longbows.  they have no clear base of understanding what went on in that era.  they just need to come up to speed, perhaps, if they want to get enlightened about the not too distant past of trad archery.  it's all good, as we all learn.

Offline daniel boon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2011, 08:00:00 PM »
3 Rivers provides a great service. The more archery equipment they carry, the more you have to choose from. It's up to you to use what you want to. Well done 3 RIVERS    :thumbsup:   Get in more sights,and MORE of everything else.

Offline Swamp Yankee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2011, 08:08:00 PM »
Absolutely no reason for Dale to be apologizing for anything they sell.  As long as he carries the equipment we need, what difference does it make to any of "us" what he sells?  3Rivers does have a brand image to maintain and with that, I doubt we'll see them stocking crossguns or Uzi's with night vision lazer sights and ATV mounts anytime soon ;-)
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
- William Arthur Ward
Black Widow PSAV 42#@29
Collection of Red Wing Hunters
Northern Mist Superior 43#@28
Blue Ridge Snowy Mt 51#@30"

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2011, 08:13:00 PM »
You are correct Rob. I just don't think Traditional archery today can be defined by what was modern archery of yesterday.  Modern archery of yesterday, and an acceptance of everything, led to the compound and the near demise of what we now call Traditional Archery.  Traditional today is more than just the equipment and there should remain some reminders from time to time that it's still about investing in yourself.

Heck I hunt with carbon arrows and I said I never would.  But... I also agree completely with Robertson and Thomas and their opinions on wood!  I like to be reminded I'm cheating myself!!

YMMV!!   ;)
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2011, 08:38:00 PM »
I started with a bow sight, but found for me it complicated things. I then needed to know the distance in order to select the correct pin, which added a rangefinder. I found out I did better without it. As for 3 rivers selling them , it doesn't offend me. Enjoyed reading the various comments.

Online LookMomNoSights

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2011, 08:54:00 PM »
So glad I dont have sights to worry about.....dont plan on going back anytime....thus my "Handle"!
3 Rivers carries them....so what.  I'll still buy from them.

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2011, 09:27:00 PM »
IF the hunter is alright with the sights, and helps him make a clean, quick kill, go for it, splitting hairs be danged. I started shooting a bow in 1970, or hanging around with guys who did, and saw lots of bows several years old with sight plates screwed and taped on, even seen matchsticks glued on to use as a temporary sight. Who am I to judge anyone about small choices in equipment. If it would get another 1000 folks interested into shooting trad, I would say hooray. I have found that traditional archery is  a lot like trad. muzzleloaders. We find ourselves ever going backwards towards more primitive weapons, as our skill increases. Just MHO.
samuel koger

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©