3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Awesome new bow downunder Renegade Spirit ll - Photos  (Read 2391 times)

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
Awesome new bow downunder Renegade Spirit ll - Photos
« on: January 14, 2007, 03:04:00 AM »
There was a thread on *********** recently asking about Dave's bows (Dave Neidigh) - well do I have the low-down for that dude!#$%^&!!

Before I ordered my bow I did months of research on the net and ended up talking to a few of Dave's customers.  I had to because landing a full lenght bow is Auss is very expensive - we have to tack on $200 US just for the postage (then the wretched exchange rate etc).

I could not believe how a bow so well priced could compete with the big boys (Bamboo limbs, Cocobolo etc for a smidge over $400 - the standard bow only $375)so I just had to find out.  I received many positive replies so decided to take the plunge.  

Dave was an absolute pleasure to deal with and I have nothing but positive praise for his wonderful patience and service.  He has gone the extra mile on several occasions and always comes up with the 'goodies'. Any slack service is multiplied by the fact I am international, and becomes a real hinderance!  Some of my other dealings with other companies,thus far, have not been so great!!

Well the bow arrived a few days ago and it is truly awesome - I just love it so much.  It is similiar spec's to my Savannah so I have a good bench-mark to compare it with.  It blows my Savannah into the weeds - and to think it is a full custom bow and cost me $200 less than the Savannah - WOW

I have a new Horne's three pice longbow, my Savannah and Vision and now the Renegade.  My new bow blows them all away - and was the cheapest of them all.  One of our bowyers at the club shot my bow and said it is beautifully smooth and quick - with no stacking.

If anybody is after a custom R/D longbow I highly recommend Dave and his product - you won't be sorry.  Today was only my second day at the range but I was getting awesome groups and much higher scores - even better than my new Horne's.  I go as far as to say if I had bought this bow first off, I could have saved myself a small fortune in money and stress of buying from overseas.  This is now my go-to bow, and I look forward to many yrs of faithful service.

Could some kind soul please bring up my pictures - I still can't work that part out.  I must have Kiwi's disease - LOL - Sutto

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l167/suttoman/Resizeofvertical.jpg
 http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l167/suttoman/ResizeofRotationofDSC01961.jpg
 http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l167/suttoman/ResizeofRotationofDSC01960.jpg
 http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l167/suttoman/ResizeofRenegadeSpiritll.jpg
 http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l167/suttoman/ResizeofDSC01912.jpg
 http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l167/suttoman/ResizeofDSC01899.jpg
 http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l167/suttoman/ResizeofDSC01894.jpg
 http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l167/suttoman/ResizeofDSC01888.jpg
 http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l167/suttoman/ResizeofDSC01756.jpg
One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action .... is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum, in which men steal through existence, like sluggish waters through a marsh, without either honor or observation

Offline kawika b

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Awesome new bow downunder Renegade Spirit ll - Photos
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 03:53:00 AM »
nice bow,,,really deserves to be presented correctly! here ya go bud,,,                                  [IMG]
Nana ka maka;
ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes;
listen with the ears;
shut the mouth.

Thus one learns>>>------>TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline kawika b

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 03:53:00 AM »
and the last one,,,    
Nana ka maka;
ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes;
listen with the ears;
shut the mouth.

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 04:00:00 AM »
Oh Yea - forgot - she is 41#@ 28", 64" in length.   I am ordering a 'red hot' string off Troy at Great Strings - I have them on my other bows and I know it will make quite a difference.  The others won't see her for dust when I whack on the new string!!

I have gotten into shooting light poundage bows lately - great for my tired old shoulder - and if you have the right arrows, just as deadly as the rest: when put in the right place.  One can shoot them all day long with no fatigue, injury or strain.  Anyway - I have heavier bows for the big critters if necessary.

Sutto
One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action .... is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum, in which men steal through existence, like sluggish waters through a marsh, without either honor or observation

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 04:02:00 AM »
Hey thanks heaps Kawika B - you are a gentleman and a scholar!!

Sutto

Offline kawika b

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 04:05:00 AM »
no problem freind,,,just putting them up for all to enjoy,,,i know i do  :thumbsup:
Nana ka maka;
ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes;
listen with the ears;
shut the mouth.

Offline shantam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 04:30:00 AM »
dang thats what i call a bow.
beautifully woodwork.
and to tell by the smile in your face,
admit it,you lover her.
isnt it?
one question tho,what is the limp veener?
im sure you will have a good time with her.
shantam
bowbuilding is fun

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 05:08:00 AM »
Wahooo....Good shooten Tex!

I'm happy for your new find mate. I too am looking at getting a Longbow from an unknowen bowyer in the US. And not being a T/D it look as if I'm in the same boat than, shipping wise?

al
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 05:37:00 AM »
Awsome Bow!! There is No Shame Shooting a Lighter-Poundage-Bow, Preserve that Shoulder just as Long as You Can!! Ya gotta know yer Limits, or Pay the High Price of Fixing whats Broke.  :thumbsup:  
 It Doesnt Matter  HOW  the Arrow Hits the  X  or the Ten Ring, just as Long as it Gets There!!  :archer:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 05:37:00 AM »
Yes Shantam - It is a really nice bow to shoot and I love the way it feels - jsut so different to my other bows. The limb veneer is Red Elm!

Sutto

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 09:20:00 AM »
Wow!  Dave outdid himself on that one!  She's a beauty!
My go-to bow is a Spirit I - Dave makes one heck of a bow!
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 10:06:00 AM »
Congrats on the new bow, she is a looker and a shooter. Alan

Offline indianalongbowshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 10:15:00 AM »
Very pretty bow, exactly what wood combos, grip etc. do you have..?
dean/indianalongbowshooter

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 10:37:00 AM »
Pretty bow.
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Offline Bodork

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007, 11:20:00 AM »
Very nice looking bow! I like that riser design where the belly lams run all the way through the riser. Good shootin too. Bet there aren't many house cats in your neighborhood!

Offline Jumper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2007, 12:21:00 PM »
Very good looking bow. Congrats!
"With God, all things are possible"

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007, 03:35:00 PM »
Hey Bodork - you sure are correct on that one.  Up close - around 15--20 meters - you just can't miss with this baby.  I detest cats with a passion and the only good one is a dead one.  Fortunately we live in a good neighbourhood, so there aren't too many around here.  However in the Australian bush we have them in epidemic proportions, killing all our natural creatures - I hope to have a 'rendezvous' with one soon.

Somebody asked about the combo's of wood.  I paid the extra and got the bamboo cores - that's why she is so smooth.  Then I have the Cocobolo riser - and looks as if Dave whacked in a small piece of Paduk as a feature.  The timber on the limbs is Red Elm, but cut (is it radiul sawn?), so that the grain runs opposite to the lines of the limbs, rather than running parallel with them.  I have never seen it done this way before and is quite pretty.  I have Red Elm on my Vision and the grain runs parallel with the limb, it is probably better this way, but for my bow - what Dave has done quite suits that combo.

Dave said having the grain that way is purely cosmetic, so it is just a very thin veneer for aesthics.  Apparantly one can do that with a super limb timber like bamboo.

Hey Jeremy - great to hear from you.  You were one of the kind folks who messaged about Dave's bows and helped to make my decision.  Thanks so much - I could not be happier.  You will have to lash out now and get a Spirit ll - LOL.  I went for the Spirit ll, over the Spirit l, because I thought the latter looked too much like my Martin Savannah.

Sutto

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2007, 05:05:00 PM »
Good for you, Sutto! I hope you nail a cat! Cheers, Ben
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2007, 07:31:00 PM »
Look better on a Samber Ben!.....   :archer:  

It's always good to have a well fitting/shooter in the stable.

al
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2007, 08:04:00 PM »
Hey 'Aussielongbow' - Dave charged me only $150 for the postage when we agreed on the price - that was going off the quote that UPS gave him.  He told me when he came to actually post it the other day it had gone up to over $200 US.  As you say quite an expensive enterprise.  What is the new bow you have ordered??

Sutto

Great to hear from you Ben!!  What bow anitcs have you been up to lately??

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©