3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Can A Rookie Build His Own Archery Gear By Opening Day And Take a deer .  (Read 713 times)

Offline bowhunterksb32

• Trad Bowhunter
Jason-- Osagetree is helping and is the one that inspired me to try this. Yes i'm tryin to finish before deer season this year.I'm going to try the 1st stave by myself. My directions were to  practice chasing a ring and make firewood that shoudln't be to hard.lol If the stave does indeed end up as firewood and then i'll ask Joe to walk me thru the next stave from layout until it's  bow.

Offline bowhunterksb32

• Trad Bowhunter
Finally got the camera working again. Easton had a blast helping me gather cttail reeds for the quivers.

Framework of quiver. The little rubber bands is all i had and they proved to be very troublesome near the top of the quiver. I used black 6 inch drain pipe for the form.

No matter what I tried I could not get these willows to bend. I used bark wound around the bottomof the quiver tightly to bring every thing together. The bark worked out nicely for this and with a little super gule on the bottomshould hold up well.

I started out weaving the cattials like in the previous  two quivers and it worked great

I aded a couple strands of bark for contrast and in the end it didn't turn out like i wanted. I got to the top of the quiver and had trouble with the rubber bands and the top is somewhat loose but and looks ragged but i think will hold up ok. Easton modeling my quiver and arrows

Offline bowhunterksb32

• Trad Bowhunter
the 3 quivers side by side by side. The second turne out the best.

Madison stealing easton 1st quiver.

The arrows. they loo awful and some need to have the nodes sanded down more. I kept breaking so many and i think it was because i as taking to much off the node.

Easton making sure he gets his picture taken.

The stave after getting bark and some of sap wood off. I have started chasing a ring and am trying to go real slow.

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I sand the nodes after straightening or else I break'm too.

Quivers look great to me and I believe the primitive look is the best match for selfbows.

Give me a shout when you get some time.
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline uncowboy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Can A Rookie Build His Own Archery Gear By Opening Day And Take a deer .
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2007, 10:11:00 AM »
Back to the top with this I want to see the bow!

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Can A Rookie Build His Own Archery Gear By Opening Day And Take a deer .
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2007, 10:41:00 AM »
Try heating and rolling the nodes to compress them instead of sanding them off. I use an osage block and a butcher block table to roll them.
  Cool looking quivers.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©