3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shrewhaven 2011 (pics)  (Read 2412 times)

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Shrewhaven 2011 (pics)
« on: October 25, 2011, 11:36:00 AM »
Another great year at Shrewhaven bow camp is history. We went a little earlier this year. Instead of the 1st week in November we went the middle of October. The weather was much warmer than we've been accustom to but it was beautiful Indian summer none the less.

The 75 year old Tamarack log cabin was home for eight men for ten days. The gas lighted wood heated old cabin has a charming atmosphere that is soothing to the soul. The time went too fast.

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shrewhaven 2011 (pics)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 11:42:00 AM »
I don't do much in camp, I hunt a little... eat a lot... sleep a lot... and the rest of the time I just stand around and tell everyone else what to do...    :archer:

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 11:50:00 AM »
We got a wonderful addition to camp this year. Thanks to Tim Crosgrove and his son in law Eric Bell we have a new Privy...and it's a HUM DANDY! They built it at home and hauled it to camp on a car hauler. Eric had an great idea and built an eaves trough with a down spout that pipes rain water down into the hole. Those that have outhouses in camp know the importance of putting plenty of water down the hole.

Online Duker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 11:52:00 AM »
Great pictures    :thumbsup:     THANKS Ron     :campfire:

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 11:54:00 AM »
Fantastic place, I bet some of your best work is done in there Ron...    :thumbsup:
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Bowmag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 11:56:00 AM »
That's relaxing just to look at.
Thanks for sharing
Colburn

Offline RkyMtn Joe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 12:01:00 PM »
That all looks so "right"---the way good hunting shouyld be done.

Joe

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 12:10:00 PM »
The main cabin has a large gathering room and a separate bunk room.  Last year we finished this new building near the main cabin. It has a small storage room on one end and the other side is a bunk room that I call my "Apartment", also know as "Lobo's Lair". It has gas heat and electricity powered by my Honda 3000 generator. It's well insulated and almost sound proof. I'm getting so that I can't stay up and jaw with the young guys late into the night anymore so now I just say goodnight and head off to my lair. I figure when a man gets my age he deserves some comforts...    :rolleyes:

Offline swampthing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 12:12:00 PM »
Baby wipes! nice addition for the "chile contest"   :pray:

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 12:15:00 PM »
By the weeks end eight hunters took ten deer. Wolves or coyotes got a buck that we decided to leave and track the next day so that would have made eleven.

That's my osage broken bow walking stick that I'm holding.

Offline wv lungbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 12:16:00 PM »
Awesome pics, I've been waiting for these.   :campfire:
>>>>PICK-N-STICK--->

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 12:22:00 PM »
Here's one of the two deer that Ray Lyon took with his Super Shrew, cedar arrow and Trailmaker broadhead. A good number of the deer were taken with the Trailmaker broadhead this year.

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 12:23:00 PM »
Great pics Ron thanks for sharing!
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 12:34:00 PM »
Awesome! I like to hear your reports at Shrewhaven!
You made some really nice and useful additions on camp.
10 for 8 is damn good.  :clapper:
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 12:35:00 PM »
the smile says it all Ray!!!! Congrats!! Man! , mark   :goldtooth:    :goldtooth:    :goldtooth:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 12:40:00 PM »
Love that last pic with everyone lined up....so many memories at Shrewhaven over the years, that place keep on giving!!  Thanks for sharing Ron!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »
Great pictures and that is one fancy throne!!!
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Online stik&string

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 12:52:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing Ron!

Offline TRT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 12:54:00 PM »
Great picks Mr. Ron!  There is nothing like a good deer camp, good friends and meat on the pole!!!  

It is always fun to read about Shrewhaven.
"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1 (ESV)

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 01:23:00 PM »
We eat pretty darn good there too. Some of the meals consisted of, leg of lamb (two of them), Prime rib, venison back straps, deep fried walleye, froglegs, and cod, our annual squirrel supper, pork ribs,fried chicken and two days in a row Ray baked made from scratch apple pies...4 of them total. If you've never had Ray's apple pie, you haven't lived, they are the absolute best pies you'll ever wrap a lip around...    :eek:  He uses granny smith and mackintosh apples and they will melt in your mouth..   :jumper:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©