3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shrewhaven 2011 (pics)  (Read 2414 times)

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shrewhaven 2011 (pics)
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2011, 04:12:00 PM »
Originally posted by Roger Norris:

Originally posted by awbowman:
Ray, spring for some Crown XR or Crown Reserve instead of the Basil, you'll thank me.
Blasphemy [/b]
To each his own I guess.
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2011, 06:45:00 PM »
:campfire:     :archer:  

I love this kinda stuff, especially when I am there.  reading this and seeing pictures is a distant second but much enjoyed. Thanks for sharing!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Kapellmeister

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2011, 06:48:00 PM »
"It's the stuff that dreams are made of."

:campfire:
Gene

~ s.D.g. ~

68" Osage Orange Selfbow 55@28
68" Hill Half-Breed 55@28
64" Schafer Silvertip 1pc Longbow 50@28
58" Shrew Classic Hunter 49@28

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2011, 09:11:00 PM »
Y'all wouldn't need to spring for a thing. I'll bring my own.
(Might be Coors lite, though.   :D   )

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Warden609

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2011, 09:45:00 PM »
Great Thread !!!!  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2011, 08:58:00 AM »
Killy,
 That's a fine looking table you got there.  We do enjoy sampling whiskey. Basil Hayden just happened to be a bourbon that all agreed was smooth and tasty.  I brought a bottle of Jim Beam Black to camp and I believe somehow the cap got left off and the heat of the woodstove evaporated it before two days had gone by.  Roger is partial to Jameson's, but was mostly drinking Guiness draft and Mission Point specialty brew.

We also didn't mention that Tim Cosgrove brought a couple of samples of his home brewed beer. One was an ale and the other stout. They were excellent!!!!  We told him next year he needs to bring more  :readit:  (so Killy you wouldn't have to bring Coors Light-as a brother in law once said to my mother in law when she asked if he'd like a Coors Light, he responded by saying 'naw, I was really kinda looking forward to having a beer).   So Roger is going to have Shrewhaven Stout t-shirts done up.  You can't get the beer, but you'll be able to get a t-shirt  :p  .

Good luck at your camp Killy.  I hope you have sucesses that make you as happy as we do each year.   :campfire:
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2011, 11:09:00 AM »
My dad lived not far from the La Clair camp.  Officer Painter was a good friend of dads and stopped in often to visit.  While bear hunting in the UP Dave pulled in with a rookie officer and asked if we wanted any Michigan Moose meat. a semi struck one by the Brule river and he was on the way to deliver the meet to some needy folks.  Guess he thought dad was needy as he left us a back strap and a front shoulder.

Looks like a great camp and that you all had a good time.  thanks for posting.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2011, 01:35:00 PM »
You guy's sure take your share of does, a good management practice. Nice pics.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2011, 06:07:00 PM »
Killy, that's a wonderful picture. It shows that you're a person with good taste.

There was a time that the boys in camp had a one track mind (see pic of camp liquor cabinet), we've since become a little more diversified....    :D  

Now Just in case some may think we're a bunch of whiskey sots, we only have a drink or two before supper and maybe a nightcap afterward.   :nono:   It's early to bed and early to rise for the serious hunters at camp Shrewhaven..  

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2011, 02:30:00 PM »
I am delayed a day due to weather and Mockingbird's work obligations. I am looking at all those poor dead soldiers in your rack.

Tsk, tsk.
I am packing Coors Light.
Sorry. I am weak.
I DO have some Opus X, though, thanks to Hayslope!!
Killdeer   :bigsmyl:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline dave19113

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2011, 02:40:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ron LaClair:
Killy, that's a wonderful picture. It shows that you're a person with good taste.

There was a time that the boys in camp had a one track mind (see pic of camp liquor cabinet), we've since become a little more diversified....     :D  

Now Just in case some may think we're a bunch of whiskey sots, we only have a drink or two before supper and maybe a nightcap afterward.    :nono:    It's early to bed and early to rise for the serious hunters at camp Shrewhaven..  

Doesnt get much better than that...................
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2011, 02:48:00 PM »
just an AWESOME post, love it!
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline habujohn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2011, 07:15:00 PM »
Great thread Ron with wonderful picutres.  Dan my older brother and I built our Yopper camp in 79.  Last year we added on, creating another bedroom and larger living room space.  I will have to post some pictures from are hunt that starts the 6th of November.
habujohn

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2011, 10:28:00 AM »
Nice thread Ron. The pictures tells me, you and your friends have the spirt of the hunt. I too am getting to the age that I hunt only when I feel like it. I can tell you if I will hunt when my feet hit the floor in the morning. I love being in camp with the guys and will be there as long as my body will let me and I'm not to prod to be camp mother and cook.
 :thumbsup:
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2011, 07:31:00 AM »
If anybody was interested in buying stock in the distillery that crafts Basil Hayden (they make Bookers and Knob Creek too), do it on the first of October each year.    ;)    :laughing:
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2011, 11:46:00 AM »
We have some new food plots on the property this year. They will be better next year for the deer, but the turkeys really like the new shoots that are coming up. I put my Hidden Hunter blind along the edge of one of the plots for a couple of days and every day I had turkeys in front of me. After the first time this happened, I tried to get an over the counter fall turkey permit but they were all sold out so I just had to sit and watch the birds..   :archer:  

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©