3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: help with arrow selection  (Read 163 times)

Offline team fudd

• Trad Bowhunter
help with arrow selection
« on: October 25, 2011, 03:03:00 PM »
I have a new wildcat coming hopefully this weekend,  r/d longbow 58" 55 @ 29.  I want to get some suggestions as to arrow selection.  I have access to some gold tip 55/75 that are uncut as well as some vapor 4000's.  I draw 29 or a shade more,  will be using 125 grain magnus or muzzy satelittes preferably.  I also like to keep the weight up to at least 10 gpp. I have used weight tubes in the past but I do have some 100 grain brass inserts ordered because I am tired of jackhammering nocks out while stumping. Any help as to arrow selection (carbon only please) would be fantastic.  Thanks in advance once again.

Offline team fudd

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: help with arrow selection
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 05:31:00 AM »
any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. THanks!

Offline metsastaja

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 10:08:00 AM »
not enough information.
Center cut of bow and string selection B50 or FF and how many strands will make a difference.

If you have excel on your computer you might want to download Stu's calculator and play around with it. See my signature for link.

Best of luck
Les Heilakka
TGMM Family of the Bow  
Some times the uneventful nights are just as good if not better than the eventful ones

Offline team fudd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 04:34:00 PM »
Unfortunately I do not have excel and am very computer illiterate. It is a big reach for me to cut and paste.  I do know the bow is cut to centershot or very close and it is fast flight equipped.  Thank you for your patience.  I can probably figure it out myself with some messing around but would like to hit the ground running with this one.   :)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©