3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ever have a bow that just hurts  (Read 769 times)

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ever have a bow that just hurts
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 11:54:00 AM »
I have a R/D longbow that I got from a friend, he sold it so cheap because the hand shock was so bad he was in agony every time he shot it. I bought it and it was not good for me either. I started to play with a bit threw it on the belt sander and took the high wrist grip and made it low. Put it on the band saw and cut the thumb rest off. Kept raising the brace till I was happy with it. Now with a low grip and a brace of 8" this bow is a joy to shoot. It's fast, silent, no hand shock and I hunt with it now and then. I also loan it out when somebody needs a bow....I usually have to ask for it back! Maybe you can mess with yours to make it better!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2011, 12:32:00 PM »
Worse bow I ever shot was a Jerry Hill longbow. Not only hand shock but my elbow and shoulder would ache the next day.

Right shoulder problems could be the start of bone spurs or rotator cuff.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2011, 02:38:00 PM »
That's funny Joe.....I had a Jerry Hill that I wish I never traded, I really miss that bow and shot it well! I guess that's why they make different kinds....LOL!   :biglaugh:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2011, 04:08:00 PM »
some self nows!!!!
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Red Tailed Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2011, 06:21:00 PM »
Some of the selfbows I have made sure packed a wollup!!! Some Dont!!!!
I'm drinking from a saucer 'cause my cup has overflowed

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2011, 06:55:00 PM »
I have an old kodiak magnum. Love the way it shoots it just hurts my hand because of the grip if I shoot it for a long period of time. I much prefer a longbow grip than a recurve for the most part.
James Kerr

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©