3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I'm in trouble  (Read 946 times)

Offline Kavogt

• Trad Bowhunter
I'm in trouble
« on: October 25, 2011, 11:37:00 PM »
Wife's gonna kill me when she finds out, but I just pulled the trigger on a NIB martin x-200. While I love my father's old bear temujin, I wanted a fast-flight capable bow since that seems to be the only in-stock bowstrings anyone carries around my neck of the woods. Well, that and have a bow to compare the temujin with. And, well, to have a new toy    :bigsmyl:  

Wonder how long I can hide it till the misses finds out. "No, honey, it's the same bow i had before. Must be the lighting in here..."     :dunno:
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it"
 - Friends of Voltaire - 1906

Offline Shedrock

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I'm in trouble
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 11:43:00 PM »
My wife really hates me, I have 18 Pronghorns and want 2 more. Wait, I just traded a camera for another Pronghorn, that makes 19. Geez, I'm bad! I still want 2 more though.

There are worst things a guy can spend his hard earned money on.
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 11:48:00 PM »
Tell her you can buy a new bow or start chasing women.  She can pick which one she wants you to do.  My wife loves my hobbies.  They keep me out of trouble.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline 8leg-lover

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 11:56:00 PM »
Rule #1

Never, never, ever bring home a box that contains or contained a new toy that you have purchased without the wife knowing about it.

Case in point: I bought a brand new Lone Wolf Assault stand. Went to my archery shop, promptly pulled it from its box, handed the box to the shop owner and said "Burn this. I was never here". I left the shop, snuck into the house through the basement and made haste to my "man cave" where I leaned it against the wall with other miscellaneous hunting items. I placed a few shed antlers and broken arrows around it to make it look like it had been sitting there for a while.

I can only speak for my loving wife, but when she sees a treestand, bow, etc. sitting in my cave, it's just more of what she calls "The Circle of Carl". However, she has a very keen radar for new boxes and if she spots one then the questions (interrogation) begins. This is when I go from predator to prey. Don't let this happen to you! Best of luck and may cunning, stealth, and a lot of luck be on your side.
Carl Kossuth

"Currently shooting whatever strikes my fancy"

"PERFECT practice makes perfect"

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 12:37:00 AM »
Shedrock, I have a archery shop owner here in California that sales my bows. He has 11 of my bows of hes own,and i thought he was bad.  :)

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 12:46:00 AM »
Tracy, no wonder Pronghorns are hard to find.  :dunno:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 05:52:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Hud:
Tracy, no wonder Pronghorns are hard to find.   :thumbsup:
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 07:06:00 AM »
Ken,
  I just traded an RER for a Fox royal crown about a month ago and my wife hasn't noticed anything as of yet...I thought my girls were going to squeel on me when the UPS truck pulled in with a long P.V.C. tube cause my oldest daughter soon to be 6 said"Not another bow" Daddy...I think really fast and said No  Baby just some pipe for fixin a drain pipe...I sweated bullets that night wondering if she would tell Mommy about the pipe coming...So far so good...You will find later with trading you get the same results as buying a new bow...It's in their blood to make a point about having too many bows..   :goldtooth:

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 07:12:00 AM »
I never have a bow shipped to the house, I always recieve gear at work.  

As noted, never bring the packaging home, i slip it in a sock, and slowly "season" it to the home front.  Bow racks are another dead give away.

If the pegs fill up, it is a sure sign of an invetory surplus.

:laughing:    :laughing:  

I have had a couple of new bows if the value was disclosed i'd get my....  :deadhorse:    :deadhorse:

Another piece of advice, I always get Postal Money orders, no tracking of funds in and out of checking.  

Some times I have to re-invest to break up the money order it works pretty well....

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 07:18:00 AM »
When going out to buy a new gun, I always "headed to the range" with two gun cases - one of them empty. Came back with the same two cases - both full. I assume that will work on any local bow purchase too. But that long box or tube in the mail; that's a tough one.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline cyred4d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 07:28:00 AM »
I always make a deal with her that I will get rid of one of the older bows, of course I never say WHEN I will do it.

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 07:45:00 AM »
If you leave bows around all the time they cant tell the difference  :laughing:
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline OBXarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 07:53:00 AM »
Both my wife and I work from home.

Hard as heck getting packages without her knowing.

I agree, it could be bows or other "things", you choose.

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 08:09:00 AM »
Today, my oldest daughter will be getting home from school before anyone else.  I've asked her to put the "long, skinny box" down in my shop.

I tried the shipping to work thing before.  But while less likely to get busted, it's 10x as bad when you do.  So now I ship it home, and hope I get to the front porch before she does.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Offline Swamp Yankee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2011, 08:17:00 AM »
I'm a divorce lawyer and you're all busted.  Send payments to me immediately   :biglaugh:
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
- William Arthur Ward
Black Widow PSAV 42#@29
Collection of Red Wing Hunters
Northern Mist Superior 43#@28
Blue Ridge Snowy Mt 51#@30"

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 08:18:00 AM »
Nah, just buy her something nice before your bow shows up and all is good. Believe me it works.   :rolleyes:
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 08:28:00 AM »
Ken,
  I also didn't want to leave any tracks so to speak for her to follow me so I sold a Shakespear bow I had laying around to my buddy Bruce so I could have the money to pay the shipping so my wife wouldn't see anything taken from our bank account...I'm what ya call a "WELL SEASONED" Traditional bowaholic seller/trader...Or if you are real seasoned send it to your buddy's house instead and let his wife yell at him then go get your bow...Good friends are hard to find!When she's done    :laughing:

Offline landman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 08:59:00 AM »
My former wife, a CPA, didn't like any of my hobbies.   My current wife loves them.

Offline D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2011, 09:04:00 AM »
Congrats on your new acquisition.  I've bought and sold so many in the past, my Wife is now seasoned to the long tubes or rectangular boxes that arrive on a month-to month basis.  She finally gave up on me, which is not a bad thing. She says "as long as it comes from your money, that's ok".  So that's what I do...

Congrats again.
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Offline huntmaster80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 09:09:00 AM »
i got it really good or bad depends on how you look at it.  The good, my awesome wife shoots with me, so when I get a new bow, she usually says that is a sweet bow. The BAD, " now when are you gona buy me another one."   :banghead:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©