3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I'm in trouble  (Read 947 times)

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I'm in trouble
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 09:12:00 AM »
I have just about everything I order shipped to my office.  Business deliveries tend to get delivered earlier in the day then residential plus I don’t have to worry about leaving a box on my porch all day (a serious concern where I live)
"Failure is an attitude, not an outcome."  -Harvey Mackay

:archer:               MikeD.

Offline JamesV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2011, 09:21:00 AM »
My wife has more guns and bows than me, what's up with that?
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2011, 09:26:00 AM »
So am not the only who does this?
I have a new bow ready to be shipped this week, just spoke to the bowery yesterday about timing the the delivery for when the wife is gone. If she finds it am in deep doo doo. Eventually she will notice it but then it's going to be "Oh I bought it used for chump change"
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Offline lablover

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2011, 09:57:00 AM »
Like Doug my wife has become immune to the long boxes and tubes showing up. I also take delivery for several of my 4H students so she never knows whats mine and whats thiers. Works out well for me. We have what you might call a no ask no tell policy. She don"t ask I don't tell.
Bowhunting is a passion, not an obsession. Its just hard for my wife to tell the difference sometimes.

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2011, 03:20:00 PM »
Keith,

This is your wife and I found this post about you trading another bow recently and you Mr. have some explaining to do!  :mad:  If I see one more new bow come into this house you will be sleeping outside with all of them...Do you hear me?  Sorry gentlemen but a women has to vent also... Now where is this 1/4 away Fred fella at and does his wife know how many bow's he's gotten in the last year? I think I'm looking in the phonebook and calling his wife and let her know what He's been up to...Shame on you all and you call yourselves Men! Hiding these bow and arrow thingy's hoping we don't find them...   Mrs. Keefers <><  :nono:

Offline Pon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2011, 03:45:00 PM »
I have such a good luck and always win hunting stuff on raffles  :archer:  ask my wife
Treadway Black Forest 54" 53#@28

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2011, 04:04:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Keefer:
Keith,

This is your wife and I found this post about you trading another bow recently and you Mr. have some explaining to do!   :mad:   If I see one more new bow come into this house you will be sleeping outside with all of them...Do you hear me?  Sorry gentlemen but a women has to vent also... Now where is this 1/4 away Fred fella at and does his wife know how many bow's he's gotten in the last year? I think I'm looking in the phonebook and calling his wife and let her know what He's been up to...Shame on you all and you call yourselves Men! Hiding these bow and arrow thingy's hoping we don't find them...   Mrs. Keefers <><   :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:  

Nice detective work there Mrs. Keefer!

So the moral is don't try to hide your loot from your wife.    ;)
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline LV2HUNT

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2011, 04:32:00 PM »
A NIB martin x-200 is a good place to start the smuggling game but the stakes will get higher in the future. Lots of good advice on this thread for dealing with that though.

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2011, 04:36:00 PM »
I like the comment from another thread - it's easier to get forgiveness, than permission. It's about sharing, I think. Like TJ said, after you buy for yourself, maybe it's her turn.
My best "trick" was wrapping up a handgun at Christmas one year-From Santa. Upon opening, "Santa gave me a Handgun!" The kids were amazed, my wife, not so much, but didn't SAY anything, but thank goodness, looks can't kill!
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Online trad_bowhunter1965

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2011, 10:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by Shedrock:
My wife really hates me, I have 18 Pronghorns and want 2 more. Wait, I just traded a camera for another Pronghorn, that makes 19. Geez, I'm bad! I still want 2 more though.

There are worst things a guy can spend his hard earned money on.
Tracy you are my Hero!!    :notworthy:
" I am driven by those thing that rouse my traditional sense of archery and Bowhunting" G Fred Asbell

Trad Gang Hall of Fame
Yellowstone Longbows
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate Member
Retired 38 years DoD civilian.

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2011, 12:10:00 AM »
I'm well versed in the art of stealthy acquisition - but it doesn't matter - the ladies at the post office always tell my wife what I've been up to. Whatever happened to postal confidentiality? (or does that only apply to patients?). Don't they make those folks take an oath of office or something?
Do or do not ... there is no "try"

Cum catapulatae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Offline Kavogt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2011, 04:39:00 PM »
This is some great stuff!      :biglaugh:    
Good to know I'm not alone. Depending on the delivery day, I may have it dropped off at the local fedex place, lol.

Course, it's only a matter of time before she's doing a clean-up and comes to the realization that one bow has turned into two.

Considering that the reproductive capacity of wood is well documented to be in the range of nill, I probably should invest in some high-powered painkillers before spring cleaning...
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it"
 - Friends of Voltaire - 1906

Offline shadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2011, 08:14:00 PM »
If you have to hide your bows and guns from the wife, you married the wrong woman!

Offline Clark II

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2011, 09:52:00 AM »
Love the reasoning for getting a new bow.  Cause you can only get FF Strings locally. That's a new one. Have to try it.

Offline Kavogt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2011, 08:42:00 PM »
Married the right one, just acquired the wrong habit!

Clark, you're welcome to the reasoning. Next up, I'm thinking that I will need a new 62" bow to fit the string I misordered from 3rivers...
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it"
 - Friends of Voltaire - 1906

Offline '46

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2011, 09:37:00 PM »
My good wife doesn't say anything about bows, and I don't say anything about the monthly Macy's statement. We have an understanding.
George
_------------->

Offline cajnhuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2011, 07:57:00 AM »
My wife has a friend that just got divorced for the 2nd time and now she hears all her bad stories. Makes me look like an angel. It also helps to have a man cave in my shop where I keep all my bows. I think I am going to have to expand soon.
Black Widow PCH II 58" 57#
Black Widow PLV 64" 57#
South Louisiana, USA

Offline AKCrazyhorse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2011, 07:50:00 PM »
Originally posted by Hud:
Tracy, no wonder Pronghorns are hard to find.   :dunno:  
Only reason they are hard to find is that Wyoming is  a big place.  sounds like you find Shed's place you'll be up to your neck in em.

Offline Trad-Man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2011, 07:55:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Keefer:
Ken,
  I just traded an RER for a Fox royal crown about a month ago and my wife hasn't noticed anything as of yet...I thought my girls were going to squeel on me when the UPS truck pulled in with a long P.V.C. tube cause my oldest daughter soon to be 6 said"Not another bow" Daddy...I think really fast and said No  Baby just some pipe for fixin a drain pipe...I sweated bullets that night wondering if she would tell Mommy about the pipe coming...So far so good...You will find later with trading you get the same results as buying a new bow...It's in their blood to make a point about having too many bows..    :scared:

Offline Trad-Man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2011, 08:00:00 PM »
All bow cases must be the same.  Stuff an extra case into the case containing a bow.

Have all shipments delivered to another address.  Dispose of all packaging prior to returning home.

Stuff new bow in extra case.  Bring in one bow, the new one first.  Bring in the second bow a few days later.

This should go unnoticed if all activities appear as normal and you are not sweating, buying candy and flowers without cause (bowhunters guilt)otherwise you are DOA.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©