3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Growing addiction  (Read 680 times)

Offline pseman

• Trad Bowhunter
Growing addiction
« on: July 11, 2007, 05:48:00 PM »
You people are a bad influence on me! I used to look on this site and wonder how you guys could own so many bows, trade bows all the time, and spend so much money on bows. I used to think that no one needed more than 1 or 2 bows. Then I started looking at the beautiful bows on this site and after going to a 3-d shoot and seeing many different custom bows first hand, I purchased my first custom bow. Now I find myself browsing the classifieds daily on not only this site but several others just to see what is for sale and what I should buy next. I also now have a "bow stash"($$) and I'll bet that very soon there will be another bow on it's way to my door.

Now I wonder, How do you guys explain to your wives that you NEED another bow??

Gotta go browse the classified's again....
Mark Thornton

It doesn't matter how or what you shoot, as long as you hit your target.

Offline Jack Guard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Growing addiction
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 06:34:00 PM »
Welcome, to the club.  My name is Jack, and i am an addict too.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline eagle24

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 07:15:00 PM »
Welcome Mark!  I'll plead the 5th on the "how do you explain to your wives?".  I'm afraid I am an addict also.

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 07:19:00 PM »
i have to hide it from my wife.. yes i am a bowaholic...my favorite flavor is longbow....
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline madness522

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 07:27:00 PM »
I tell my wife I need to buy some wood.  I have 5 on my rack, one with a bowyer for a little refinish, and one on order. Guess I'm addicted too.  By the way when and where is the next meeting of Bowaholics annon?
Barry Clodfelter
TGMM Family of the Bow.

Offline redfish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 07:39:00 PM »
Don't even tell them you "need" one. They are smarter than that and will probably get mad that you think they can be conned.
Price the local golf club fees and other "man" hobbies or past times. A new bow a year (or two) is much cheaper than any of those.
It is a healthy and wholesome activity compared to other stupid things men do when exposed to alcohol, etc.
El Paisano
Ebi-kuyuutsi

Offline OzarkRamblr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 08:06:00 PM »
Guess I'm lucky, my wife encourages my addiction. She even participates by shooting with me.

She doesn't ask what it is any more when something shows up in the mail....she just asks what kind or which one?    :saywhat:
"A friend of mine said that I'm lucky, I told him luck has nothing to do with the life I chose, we choose the life we have and don't have, so choose wisely"...Kingwouldbe

Words to live by.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Dave Coalter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 08:08:00 PM »
Hey guys you have it all wrong. You just hide it with your other bows for a while than kinda bring it out one day and when she ask when did you get that bow, you just say that old thing I had it for a while you just notice it now.
Kinda like your wife does with a pair of shoes.
Inside every old man there is a young man asking what the heck happened.

Offline Jack Guard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 08:12:00 PM »
Dave, Dog gone it, you must know my x.  she use to say that about all the cloths she had in her closet.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 09:04:00 PM »
my wife bought me my first longbow for christmas..ive now replaced it with 3 different ones.. I always remind her how much i love the longbow she got me for christmas...  :saywhat:
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline mmgrode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »
Wait till you start building them... then you're done for  :bigsmyl:
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."  Aristotle

Offline Horne Shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 09:41:00 PM »
Dave, I was going to write the same thing.  I laughed out loud when I read your post.  I thought I had patented that technique....guess not!
Live every day like its your last, one day you'll be right.

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 09:50:00 PM »
Hi my name is Tim and I am a Bowaholic.  

The first step towards a cure is first admitting you have a problem....wait what I am talking about it is not a problem.

Welcome to the club
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 08:35:00 PM »
I'm a bowaholic.
But I can change.
If I have to.
I guess.
Who am I kidding no I can't!

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »
The best advice I have is to tell your wife NOTHING.  If she knows bows and shoots too, I feel sorry for you.
Lon Scott

Offline Oscararrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 09:17:00 PM »
You will get to a point where you will slow down-at that point the damage is done.

My girlfriend has more shoes then I have bows, so when you see me bidding BACKOFF!!!  LOL  ;)

I picked up five in the last 3 months. I was on the wagon for a good two years!  Good luck brother...

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 10:39:00 PM »
Bow aholic!Well they say the first step is admitting it.Ok boys next session same place same time.  :clapper:
Your best shot is only as good as your next one!

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 01:36:00 AM »
When i decided to go traditional and build my own bow i bought enough glass and epoxy to build 8 of them....i have a shop full of exotic wood and bamboo.....do you think this was premeditated? Or do i have the same disease?

does staying up till midnite building way too many arrows mean i may have a problem too?

What? am i strung out?  :eek:    :eek:    :eek:    :saywhat:

Offline V-Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 02:49:00 AM »
Hey guys don't worry we are just doing the same things that women do, we buy what we like.
Some weeks ago there was an inquiry about "woman's buying behaviour" in the Netherlands. You know what came out? Most of them lie about heir purchases and they have all kind of excuses for that. It's their addiction.
My point: Every one has the right to have an addiction (not alcohol, drugs or any other bad things!)
Maybe in the (near) future we also need a dutch AB (Anonimous Bowyers) forum to discuss our addiction LOL.
Like KirkII, I also have also a few bows hanging around, glass, wood and stuff but my wife says it's OK it keeps you off the street or getting bored. On top of that our tradbow community in the Netherlands is growing. I and some others are a sort of pioneer in my country.

V-Archer   :archer:
"If you have the will to win you have achieved half your success; if you don't, you have achieved half your failure"

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 12:24:00 PM »
Just dont tell your wife.I had my bow on the patio table last week when the Queen took a seat next to it.She never noticed a difference.I guess the bocote worked as camo.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©