3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Super glove or dura glove  (Read 631 times)

Online Jock Whisky

• Trad Bowhunter
Super glove or dura glove
« on: October 26, 2011, 06:56:00 PM »
I've been waiting weeks to order a dura glove from 3Rivers but they continue to be back ordered. As time is getting short I may order a super glove instead. Can anyone give me a comparison of the two gloves

Thanks for any help

JW
Old doesn't start until you hit three figures...and then it's negotiable

Offline dave19113

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Super glove or dura glove
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 07:29:00 PM »
I have both..... Super glove is much heavier and takes a little bit to break in.... Where the dura glove is softer and more sesitive to the touch. I switched to super glove bc my fingers were getting sore when shooting my heavier bows...
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
I'll be happy to send you one of my spare Duragloves (well broken-in) if you wear a medium.  PM me with your address if you want one.  I could never get used to the Superglove.  The string kept rolling off the hard tips into my nose.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline Shedrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 09:07:00 AM »
I like to feel the string, so I like the duraglove.

I have a broken in superglove, size Large I could send you if you would like to try it.
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

Offline LoweBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 09:11:00 AM »
I switched from Demascus to a Dura and won't go back.  I love a thin glove to which I can feel the string.  The more I wear it....that faster it becomes.  Great glove.
Backwater Bowfishing Pro Staff.
MossyOak Pro Staff.
They can have my bow when it's pried from my cold dead fingers.

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 04:27:00 PM »
shot them both and the dura glove is way better by far just for what LoweBow said, feel the sting and fast. dino
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Offline alex m

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 08:08:00 PM »
I've never shot a super glove, but I love the dura glove. I used to wear out a glove a year, but my dura glove has been with me over two now and still going strong.
The unknown wilderness has said to me: “Come sit in our green shade and commune with the Great Spirit in our leafy cathedrals while the choirs of bird-song fill your ears.” –Howard Hill

Offline Jake Fr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 09:13:00 PM »
i would call and see bout a skookum glove i have one of each and to me their bout the same in feel but the dura glove lasts longer

Offline Spurs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 10:54:00 PM »
I am a fan of the alaskan bowhunters superglove.  I have two duragloves and started shooting black widow tabs.  I prefer the tab over a glove, but the needed something in a glove during the cold months so I switched to a super glove.  It is alot like my widow tab.  I love it.
I like Spurs

Morrison Mini ILF copperhead skinned
Morrison Shawnee copperhead skinned

Offline BeNoIt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 11:14:00 PM »
I know your not asking about other brands but have you checked out the American Leathers Big-Shot? I haven't tried the glove you are referring to but the Big-Shot is pretty nice from my point of view and it only seems to get better the more I use it.
David

Matthew 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Bigfoot Flatliner 55@28 64" (New!)
Spirit LB 55# @28" 62"

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 11:18:00 PM »
I like the duraglove as well. I prefer my duraglove over a more expensive Elk hide big shot glove.

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 12:06:00 AM »
I've got both and I prefer the duraglove over the superglove. That said, I prefer my Screaming Eagle tabs over either one.
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 01:16:00 PM »
I also have a medium Duraglove if someone needs one. Its like new. I much prefer the Big Shot.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »
Is the sizing accurate on 3 rivers site for shooting gloves & tabs?  I am wanting to order one but am reluctant as I always buy xl normal gloves and their site measurements indicate I should wear a medium shooting glove.

Online spotteddog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 01:28:00 PM »
I know I usually wear I large in a super glove and dasmacusus. But wear a medium In a dura glove.

Offline Ground Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 01:40:00 PM »
I've been shooting a Super glove for about three years - every day.  Still in good shape.  If you shoot bows 65 and up - Super will save your fingers and last.

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2012, 01:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by spotteddog:
I know I usually wear I large in a super glove and dasmacusus. But wear a medium In a dura glove.
Thanks Phil, I will give the medium a try.

Offline 1screagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2012, 01:58:00 PM »
I love my super glove, broken in I can't imagine an other. Never shot a dura, always willing to learn. I have and American Leather glove and couldn't like it as much as I tried. I can see how others may like it. Seems like I had more feel with the super glove. I even glued finger inserts from a golf glove inside. I forgot I did it. Longest lasting glove I've used, that makes me freak out a little thinking about having to retire it one day. I shoot mostly around 60# bows everyday. Had this one 3 years I'll bet.
3 Wes Wallace Recurves,
2 original Mentors & 1 B-Model Mentor
3 Wes Wallace Longbows
1 Dwyer Defiant "Legolas"

www.stoneartistllc.com

Offline postman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2012, 02:08:00 PM »
Duraglove is nice, but its lifespan is short. The only way your going to replace a super glove is if you lose it.

Offline Inder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2012, 02:53:00 PM »
I am at the same situation right now!!

Ordered one Medium Damascus from 3rivers, which is slighlty short. Wanted to go for something better, but as large Dura-glove is out of stock I was wondering weather Medium Dura glove will fit my hand or not. I don't have much time left before i return to INDIA so can't take chance.

I think I should take the plunge and order a Medium Dura glove. What you folks think?

-Inder

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©