3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Super glove or dura glove  (Read 632 times)

Offline DBinAlamo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Super glove or dura glove
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2012, 03:01:00 PM »
I had the dura, and tried the Speed Glove from Kustom King and so far so good....DB
A&H ACS 64" 50#@28" 3DH Riser.
Strive for excellence....  Not perfection.
"If your not working hard, someone else is" Dentler.

Offline Rick Richard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2012, 08:03:00 PM »
I have two Dura-gloves and the third fiinger has twisted on both of them.  I dont know if this is because I am a lefty.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2012, 11:38:00 AM »
I prefer the super glove. The tips of the fingers didn't fit me on the duraglove, and there was a seam that didn't feel right.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2012, 06:17:00 PM »
The version of the Grizzly Wolverine SS glove that was made several years ago is the best shooting glove I have ever used. The vendor of of that glove quit making it and a new vendor was selected who made a glove that was not quite as good. I found this link that still lists the glove but was informed by Tim Harms at Braveheart that the glove has been discontinued. It was very similar to the Dura-Glove. At this point the Dura-Glove is my favorite glove on the market. I do have various cordovan tipped gloves, like the Super-Glove that I like too, but they tend to be stiff and will crease where the string rests after several weeks of shooting. The cordovan does seem to last forever, but the string feel is diminished and the creasing inhibits a smooth release. On the other hand, a good cordovan tab is smoother than even the Dura-Glove, has great string feel, never wears out, and doesn't develop a crease. It is also cooler than a glove in warm weather and can be worn over a light insulating glove in cold weather. My current favorite tab is a kangaroo-lined cordovan tab from Scott Teaschner that is extremely well made and is the most functional tab I have seen. Previously, my favorite tab (that I still love) was a Bateman cordovan tab. Two of my Bateman tabs have the finger separator, and one does not (I shoot split fingers). The Teaschner tab does not have a finger separator. So, my advise is to buy a tab from Scott and use it while you are waiting for the Dura-Glove to be stocked. In the end, it's all about what feels and works best for you.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Jason Hansen

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2012, 06:33:00 PM »
I've got (2) brand new Dura-Gloves I'd like to sell if you're interested.  Both of them are size (L).  I just really like my American Leathers Crossover gloves...
“That land is a community is the basic concept of ecology, but that land is to be loved and respected is an extension of ethics.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline Breeze430

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2012, 06:46:00 PM »
I've always shot a a Dura Glove but after reading all responses I may try a super glove. I've shot Bateman hair tabs without much success.
Breeze
"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may.”

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©