3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trad shops near Antonita Co.  (Read 354 times)

Offline Nathan Bowen

• Trad Bowhunter
Trad shops near Antonita Co.
« on: July 11, 2007, 06:33:00 PM »
I'm going to take my son fishing in colorado and was wondering if there are any trad shops near there?
Thanks
Nathan

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trad shops near Antonita Co.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 09:08:00 PM »
I've heard there's a nice shop in Durango.  I know I killed a great bull just west of there with a compound  8 years ago.  Which drainage/river are you fishing?  We always bought our licenses at the Texaco in Antonita.  Take your camera and you can get some great photos of the Cumbres-Toltec train going through the pass.  Steve

Offline San Juan Slim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 10:35:00 PM »
Nathan,

The answer is no.  Antonito is a very small town.  There is really not even a good sporting goods store any more in Alamosa, the biggest town in the San Luis Valley.  There is Wildcat Canyon Archery in Durango which is about 2.5 to 3 hours away.  Taos or Santa Fe, New Mexico may be closer, but I'm not familiar with any trad shops there either.

Mike

Offline Rick McGowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 08:11:00 AM »
I wouldn't count on getting much in Antonito, last year I had trouble finding AA batteries!

Offline Steertalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 10:21:00 AM »
Nathan,

I've hunted and fished extensively on the Conejos River drainage area.  Lots of fishing supply shops but no trad archery shops.  There's nothing in Antonito except a gas station and a little cafe.  What are you looking for???

Brett
"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold:  its patriotism, its morality and its spiritual like.  If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Joseph Stalin

Offline Nathan Bowen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 11:16:00 PM »
SOS I will be fishing the Conejos. Steerstalker don't really know just wanting to see and maybe shoot some different bows... there is not much around here as you probibly well know. Are there any good fly shops in the area?

Offline Nathan Bowen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 10:20:00 AM »
ttt

Offline Steertalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 04:56:00 PM »
Nathen

I imagine you will be going through Santa Fe, NM on your way up.  There's a good fly fishing store there.  It's called the High Desert Angler.

http://www.highdesertangler.com/

Stop in there and they will be able to help you.

As far as trad shops...I think you're going to have a hard time finding one of those anywhere.  If you're wanting to try out some different bows I would suggest you make some of the TBOT shoots.  There's one this weekend down at San Angelo at the Concho Valley Archery Club.  It's strictly a trad shoot and there will be plenty of guys there that will be more than willing to let you try their bows.

Brett
"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold:  its patriotism, its morality and its spiritual like.  If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Joseph Stalin

Offline Paul Collins

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 05:28:00 PM »
The shop in Durango is very good.

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 10:58:00 PM »
The Conejos is beautiful.  Enjoy.  Like I said, if you have the chance, take some pics of the train chugging through the Cumbres Pass.

Have a ball, and do a little scouting while you are there.  That area is an over the counter elk unit and I can guarantee you there are some good bulls in the area.  Want proof????

The Conejos is less than 5 miles from this photo!

Steve

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©