3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Can You Bait Deer With Pound Cake??  (Read 1622 times)

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Can You Bait Deer With Pound Cake??
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2011, 12:07:00 AM »
:pray:
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline charles suttles

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »
First a warning: This post as most things you read on the internet will contain both fact and fiction. Tomorrow is supposed to be a rainy day in Carolina and I'm am going to try and read through this and straighten out the ramblings  and halucinations Doc Nock had while he was taking all that pain medicine[he was taking my prescription strength and some of the "house liquid" at the same time].

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2011, 08:33:00 PM »
Glad to see you here Charles!  Lil'D got your note today.  Top shelf, sir....taking time out for that given the more important things you've had to tend to lately.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2011, 08:43:00 PM »
Great Stuff guys. You make me miss home. As far as being a sports fan of the Badge or pack, guess you have to live there.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2011, 08:45:00 PM »
Ruh-roh...Charles is in the house!  :)

Careful, Sir...what happens in camp, stays in CAMP...and people that shower in glass houses should do so in the basement!   :rolleyes:  

don't you go stirring the pot mischief maker!   :saywhat:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Seeking Trad Deer

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2011, 10:45:00 PM »
Wonderful story fellows...thanks for bringing us along.  Prayers for a speedy recovery Dave.
The Lord is my Shepherd

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2011, 08:59:00 AM »
I loved this read!

Doc I'm sorry that you got a "raw deal" with your rubber boots that are obviously evil possessed.

I would make sure that another human foot ever got placed in them again and especially yours..lol

Thanks all who contributed to the telling of a great time spent with friends under some amazing conditions and accommodations.

:campfire:    :archer:
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Paul WA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2011, 09:22:00 AM »
I bet you could bait a Wensel with a pound cake...PR
"I'm a trophy hunter till something else comes along"

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2011, 10:00:00 AM »
Very good tale fellas I enjoyed it. Doc Noc if rubber boots do you like that a pair of waders we wear down south would be really bad. lol.RC

Offline charles suttles

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2011, 11:01:00 AM »
Don't ya'll go feeling too sorry for Doc Nock,he got to stay in camp with Lil D's lb cake while we were out hunting. One time when I got back in from the morning hunt, the cake had really gotten smaller and I found 2 big pieces wrapped up in his sleeping bag.Oh yeah, one of the things that made each slice of that cake so good was that we had a special "POUND CAKE KNIFE" made by world reknown knifemaker, Tippet himself. I was the lucky one to win that great knife after the 2011 St Judes auction

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2011, 12:29:00 PM »
Charles you mischeif maker! That is sooo not true!

I was sorely tempted, and did snitch some of the $33 pecan pie Ken brought one day, but that Pound Cake was sacred ground to me.

I did accept you guys' gracious offerings of more than my due slice (thanks, Robtatto) but nope...never touched it, ya fibracator you!  :laughing:  

I will admit though, Charles, that those first 2 mornings after we got there, I was conflicted.

I really hated the level of pain in that leg, and not being able to go out, but that cold snap made it seem a little less punishing to have to be camp bound as "camp boy!"  :)
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2011, 12:32:00 PM »
RC, I like the rubber boots...swear by em. All I've had to wear for the past 18 yrs were rubber knee highs...gave up on leather.

Just that with age and a high instep, the ankle fit have given me fits the last few years and this time, got me!

I've trapped out West and back East and lived in hippers. Fly fish guiding, we lived in Chest waders...with real shoes!

Nah...just them ultra tight ankle things are harder to get off than cockleburs on a fleece jacket!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline charles suttles

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2011, 01:02:00 PM »

Heres a better picture of the POUND CAKE KNIFE

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2011, 03:58:00 PM »
Charles,

No more deserving individual could have been drawn for that knife than you... I'm sure it does a wonderous job choppin and dicin salad fixins at home!  :rolleyes:

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Jack Guard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2011, 07:01:00 AM »
Good read guys.  Nice to see pics of everyone.  

Thanks for sharing.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline charles suttles

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2011, 03:39:00 PM »
Looks like Whip,Elkken and Doc Nock have have done a good job on the stories and pictures. Some of those scenes from Whip's place would make a good Thomas Kincaid painting.
  My time on stand went about like the rest with close sightings of what would be good deer down in the Carolina's. One evening I had 2 really nice tom turkey roost about 50 yards from my stand. I had purchased a turkey tag at Walmart in Black River Falls so I went back the next morning hoping they would come my way but they flew down towards the neighboring property. The last morning hunt they did give us a couple of "goodbye" gobbles. Whip should have some good bird there come spring. Thanks to Whip for being so gracious to share his place and take the time to spend with us. I have to say that without Sunny Hill the pound cake war would never have reached this magnitude- over $15,000 for St Judes just this year. I hope Sunny gets him a big ole buck at "Camp Bastard"

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2011, 04:51:00 PM »
I can believe I missed this post...but being with out power for days will do that!  I'm also sorry I couldn't join in the hunt...but I was commited to a little Atlantic salmon fishing.  What a great hunt.  I take my hat off to y'all for your generosity to the kids.  Written from my tree stand without help from spell checker & big thumbs...tippit
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2011, 08:56:00 AM »
Jeff,

You WERE a frequent topic of the early camp days all wishing you could have joined us...! Whip shared you were off flailing the waters for Salmon! Not a bad alternative, I might add!

Charles,
I'm sure you could add a few pics that would be of value before this slips off into oblivion, but alas, the memories and friendships made will never be lost!

I am tickled to report that I was finally able to get out into a tree stand yesterday late afternoon.  The "purple hue" is now localized just behind the knee, but any sitting a bit still causes a "butt toothache", which has to be experienced to understand.  

I can't walk fast. I don't have the ability to climb much by way of hills, but a friend's flat ground along a creek with an easy walk in provided an exciting afternoon.  Sat 90 min, then stood 90 min to close the season. Saw 3 bucks and 5 yearlings.  No shots and didn't them bucks PIN ME in the tree at dark--again!   :)  

Today, things are moving slow & sore, but I'm going to try to gear up for a couple days  end of next week to travel to central state to see if I can negotiate the one modest hill and likely sit a makeshift ground blind or two to close the Penna season.

Thanks for the chance, Whip and thanks, guys, for all the great memories!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Lowcountry Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2011, 04:32:00 PM »
Not bad going hunting to night lets hope I get one.javascript:void(0)javascript:void(0)
Remember heroes live forever but legends never die follow your heart kid. You'll never go wrong.

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2011, 11:18:00 AM »
I enjoyed every word guys. Thank you for taking us along  :)

:campfire:
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©