3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Samick bow...what can you tell me about them?  (Read 919 times)

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Samick bow...what can you tell me about them?
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2011, 02:23:00 PM »
Ugh is best way to put it. I have had two of them, one the Red Stag was decent but limbs took a twist that I had to constantly correct, Second was a premium priced Birdseye Bullet. Great look appeal but on closer inspection not so good manufacture, bow was decent shooter but for me in the long run, I'd rather pay more and know I'm getting a bow that will keep up with me.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline 684Kevin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2011, 07:18:00 PM »
I like your idea of waiting til Kalamazoo.  You will be able to shoot/compare them alongside a bunch other manufacturers/bow builders creations.  You can at least narrow down your search from there.  Used bow prices seem to be very reasonable lately.  I agree with some others here, you may be able to get a domestic custom bow for not much more money.

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2011, 07:40:00 PM »
Also at the Kazoo Expo there will be guys there with used bows they are looking to sell. You'll be able to inspect and shoot them. Could fall into something pretty good.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline Outwest

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2011, 07:47:00 PM »
I know of one Samick that has delaminated.
 I can't ever remember a DH Hunter ever coming apart.

John

Offline $bowhunter$

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2011, 08:32:00 PM »
i have the red stag takedown. this by far is my favorite bow ive ever shot and ive shoot 1000 dollar custom bows. all i can say is you cant go wrong.
189.00 at *********
"SHOOT STRAIT" - something im still working twards

Offline Ribeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2012, 05:41:00 PM »
I have a Samick Sage for two years now and it's the least expensive bow of the 12 that I have and shoots just as well as any of them. Better than several as a matter of fact.
I agree that you should get a better string and if that's all you want to do, then you're golden. But even with this inexpensive bow, you can put a plunger button and a stabilizer and sights or bow quiver. What more is there to ask?
The only thing is Samick has had a past problem with Black fiberglass delaminating on some of their bows. And this bow does have that.
But I have not had any kind of problem with my limbs at all and they have, I'm sure by now, 1500-2000 shots on them.
So if they do break, I guess I'll just bite the bullet and order another pair of $70 limbs. That would come out to about .035 cents a shot at this point.
As far as I'm concerned, if someone can find something to complain about that, they are just looking to complain.
#35 for 3D and #55 for hunting. Spend your good money on quality arrows shafts, learn to tune them and it wouldn't hurt to watch Jimmy Blackmon's You Tube videos on Gap Shooting Method.
There it is.

Offline Fanto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2012, 06:14:00 PM »
As Ribeye points out,

if your archery budget is $300, spend $130 on a sage and leave the rest for carbon shafts, points, weights, good fletching, tuning, a SBD string or other skinny FastFlight, scilencers, a bow quiver, glove or tab, etc etc etc

Offline NormanDale33

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2012, 06:21:00 PM »
I started with a samick sage, and it has been a reasonably good bow for me. I still have it as back-up. It has been durable and it shoots better than I can. That said, I saw that checkmate get sold for dirt cheap and it looked way better. Maybe check out Kustom King archery or Don Dow as well. Hope that helps.
Show me your ways, LORD,teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me,for you are God my Savior,and my hope is in you all day long.

Psalms 25:4-5

Offline KOOK68

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2012, 06:44:00 PM »
Martin x200

Offline Hummer3T

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2012, 07:38:00 PM »
I love my sage shoots just like my $ bow.
Life is about learning from your mistakes!

Chek-mate hunter I 62" riser with 60" limbs 49&42lbs@28

Samick Sage 62" 50lbs@28

Big Jim Mountain Monarch Recurve  60 inch / 50 lbs @ 28

Offline pukwana

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2012, 07:42:00 PM »
I own two Samicks, a Sage(40#) and a Squall(55#), and I havent had any problems with them.  I think they are great shooters.  I've had them about three years, tons of arrows through them and a couple deer in the freezer.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

Offline Thare1774

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2012, 07:47:00 PM »
Had a brand new never strung Sage delaminate when a customer drew it back for the first time. He came in to buy his first bow So I took this one fresh out of the box and strung it PROPERLY. First draw on the bow, and CRACK!!!, top limb delaminated and the customer left the store quite shaken. When I think of Samick that's what I think of.

Offline Kingsnake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2012, 09:19:00 PM »
I only started shooting trad this year, but my first bow was a Samick Sage.  Worked fine for me, but I only shot for a few months before I purchased a gently-used Holm-Made River Runner.  The Sage now rests in the rack of one of my mounts . .. gathering dust.    :dunno:  

Kingsnake

Offline Darrell M

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2012, 11:22:00 PM »
I'm no expert. But going on year 3 of shooting just traditional and year 3 with my samick. I shoot it two three times a week year round. It's still going strong and put a couple deer down in the process.  Can't beat the price!!!

Offline erictetterton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2012, 11:37:00 PM »
When i first started shooting i had a red stag and it was a fun little bow. Everything was good until i was at full draw one day and the limbs delaminated and i walked away with a bloody nose. Called the company and they sent me a new set of limbs. Never had a problem with the bow since but my nose sure did hurt lol   :smileystooges:
Javaman Falcon 45@30
BW KBX 60” 45@30
BW PLX 64” 50@30

Offline mtnwalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2012, 05:24:00 AM »
have and shoot on a regular basis a red stag takedown.  Not the worst bow, bought it with two sets of limbs.  I shoot it way better than the montana longbow, but that is about shape of grip. Having two kids in daycare and a house bill etc...does not leave money for customs right now and the fact that i am lefty so used is hard to find.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©