3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: when do you start setting all day  (Read 863 times)

Offline stevewills

• Trad Bowhunter
when do you start setting all day
« on: October 27, 2011, 07:46:00 AM »
ive started seeing some major rut activity,and was wondering when you all start setting all day
i like biscuits

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: when do you start setting all day
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 07:51:00 AM »
When bow season opens.  I love the all dayer when I have a chance to pull it off.

God Bless,
Nathan
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline Jake Diebolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 07:54:00 AM »
I never sit all day. Personal shortcoming, I suppose, but I don't have that much patience.

Offline Earl Jeff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 07:55:00 AM »
Never! I don't have it in me. Get board

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 07:59:00 AM »
I can't sit for more than a couple of hours, especially if it is cold. Gotta move around, which may cost me a critter, but it sure is a lot more fun to be mobile. More power to those of you who can sit in one spot all day; maybe I will move some deer your way.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Swinestalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 08:16:00 AM »
Originally posted by centaur:
I can't sit for more than a couple of hours, especially if it is cold. Gotta move around, which may cost me a critter, but it sure is a lot more fun to be mobile. More power to those of you who can sit in one spot all day; maybe I will move some deer your way.
I have this same issue. I now sneak around most of the time. Not because it's more effective, but because I simply enjoy it more.
Having done so much, with so little, for so long, I can now do anything with nothing.

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 08:19:00 AM »
I just can't sit all day.
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline Jerry Ragle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 08:23:00 AM »
some of my buddys sit all day i dont have it in me but they start around the first of november

Offline bowtough

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 08:35:00 AM »
I start on the 10th and continue untill thanksgiving. It's along stretch but really pays big dividends in my area. I see more shooter bucks between the hours of 10:00am to 2:00pm than any other time. It can get me pretty wore down physically and at times hard to stay awake through the middle of the day, but when you get to see an occasional monster,then it is all worth it. Good huntin and remember,it only comes once a year and then it's over!  :thumbsup:

Offline RM81

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 08:40:00 AM »
Tomorrow will be the first all day sit for me this year.  I'll try to put in an all day hunt up until about Thanksgiving, then I'll go back to taking 2-3 hr breaks midday.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 09:01:00 AM »
I can sit all day if I'm seeing something...anything. But most times I see nothing, so 3-5 hours and I get up and move or go have lunch. As long as I see activity tree rats, turkeys, coyotes, grouse I can sit for a long time!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 09:08:00 AM »
I suppose when I start sitting all day would be when I stop drinking coffee before heading out.

'Till then I sit about three or four hours and then still-hunt for a bit.    :archer:
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 09:11:00 AM »
Never. Sitting all day is torture. I hunt for pleasure and the meat, and there's no pleasure in torture. If I want to hunt mid-day, I go out late.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 09:13:00 AM »
I rarely sit more than three hours at a time.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline dave19113

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 09:13:00 AM »
I love to do it as much as I could.... But if I have other obligations throughout the day it doesnt happen.

But like tomorrow I plan on hunting the whole day.... Ill bring some food and make a day of it.... Plus I will be getting my new Big Jim Bow....So I have to make the best of the day....

Plus... anyone knows there is nothing so great as a nap in the woods....
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Offline Shedrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 09:26:00 AM »
I'm headed to Missouri Nov 4th-12th, and I WILL sit all day. I have had good luck sitting all day in Nebr that same time frame.

Bring some food and a good book and your set.
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

Offline pruski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 09:48:00 AM »
i have done it but lately my back starts killing me after a couple hours... it really bums me out. any suggestions?  steve

Offline Vesty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 11:11:00 AM »
In early November, I'll be in the woods all day. I may not be in my treestand that whole time, however. I have several natural ground blinds I can sneak off to to break up the time and help me to refocus. I find a change in scenery helps me regain my concentration.

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 12:49:00 PM »
I'm a "sitter" by nature, that being said......from the last of October through Thanksgiving I pack a lunch and something to eat and once I get to my location I don't move until it gets past legal shooting light. My plans sometimes get changed due to things that come up, but my plan is almost always to pull "all-dayers".

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2011, 01:49:00 PM »
Back when we had doe tags and I shot four deer a year, i only sat when I was resting and eating. If the rut ramps up and I find that there is more than two bucks around, I may do it the first week in November. but it usually is a waste of time to do that around here, unless you like shooting at squirrels and turkeys.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©