3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Big shot glove question on finger twist  (Read 366 times)

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
Big shot glove question on finger twist
« on: July 11, 2007, 09:28:00 PM »
Question for you Big Shot shooters.

I just picked up a Buffalo Big Shot glove and it is just what I was looking for in feel.  I like a thicker glove but was looking for a smoother release without grooving than the gloves I have.  Anyway, besides getting used to it, and maybe it just needs to be broken in, but the fore-finger keeps twisting but the middle and ring fingers stay perfect.  I keep twisting it straight before each shot hoping it will "break-in" in the alignment I'd like.  The fit seems good, its a medium.  Any thoughts?

Forefinger twists towards the top:

Overall fit looks good:

Offline Dawn Patrol

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Big shot glove question on finger twist
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 10:34:00 PM »
Steve,mine did the same thing and I could not get it to stop so I sold it and got the new model with a full palm and the problem went away.
I put the "stink" in instinctive archery!

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 11:39:00 PM »
I've been shooting those gloves for several years and never had that problem.  Might it be a little big around your index finger?  How is the fit compared to your other two fingers.  They should fit rather snugly.

Offline Arrowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 07:26:00 AM »
Mine does the same thing.  Mine seems to fit tight, I sent them a outline of my hand.  Any way to stop this?
Keep It Simple

Jeff Kitchens

Offline ChristopherO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 01:16:00 PM »
My Neet leather glove does the same thing.  Must be a product of the design.

Offline TheArc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 01:37:00 PM »
I found the same solution as Dawn Patrol. Use a full palm glove and the index finger piece will hold in place.
"And Moab, he lay us upon the band of the Canaanites, and yea, though the Hindus speak of karma, I implore you: give her a break." Rev. Clark Griswold

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 02:31:00 PM »
This may sound strange but I used to have this problem with other brand gloves. Since I have my "Bigshot", elk not buff, the problem went away. I ordered one size smaller than I wear to allow for strech. I suggest contacting American Leathers and see if they can adjust that one finger for you. Can`t hurt to ask.

Offline Nate Steen .

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 03:04:00 PM »
I had the same problem on some of my bigshots,  that finger is just a little looser fit than the others.  I stitched up the side along the current stitching and tightened up the stall and the problem went away.  

Contrary to popular belief, sending a tracing of the hand will get you the correct size for your hand,  but it is extremely difficult to correctly size every finger to the customer wishes.  American Leathers does an awesome job in sizing the glove to fit the hand,  but for the best custom fit for each finger,  sometimes you must do some of your own 'customizing'.

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 05:30:00 PM »
Sunset, do you have a closeup you could post on your "stitchery"?

Offline amicus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 05:51:00 PM »
I bought mine from 3 rivers. I have only had it for 2 weeks. I probably shot 100 arrows with it. The stitching on the middle finger has already started to fray. Its a nice glove and I thought the release was real smooth. Other then the fraying I don't like the thickness of the outer stiching. Im returning it and trying another glove.
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it. Prov 10;22

A sinner saved by Grace.

Offline Nate Steen .

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 07:42:00 PM »
amicus,  your experience is unusual,  ask them to replace it with another bigshot and you should be fine.  Mine are years old with no problems coming apart.

sos,  I don't have any pics,  but I just use a stitching/lacing leather punch, punching holes along the existing stitches on one side, and then stitching the leather with B-50 or fastflight string (for the strength/small diameter)  You could also take the glove to a shoe repair shop and have them stitch along the existing stitching.  You usually don't have to take up more than 1/16" to make the glove fit nice and tight.

Offline Butts2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 02:48:00 PM »
I never had any issues with the 2 pair I have owned
Schafer Silvertip 58" 61@28
Hunter Safety Certificate
Bowhunter Safety Certificate
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Associatio
Pope & Young Club

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 05:04:00 PM »
I may have to try stitching the index finger a little tighter - it does seem a tad bit looser.

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 06:42:00 PM »
try hitting you finger with a hammer so it swells a little bit and see if that fixes it

you're welcome   :biglaugh:
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 10:35:00 PM »
Ferret, tried it...didn't work...see my fat finger??   :thumbsup:    Oh, rats, that's my thumb!!!  Dang it.....  :banghead:  

I'm actually thinking of stitching part of the index finger seam toward the arrow to snug it up, I think that will work.  Must be working my fingers to the bone and they are now too skinny!  :jumper:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©