3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Teresa's wool  (Read 912 times)

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
Teresa's wool
« on: October 28, 2011, 04:28:00 PM »
I finally broke down and bought a pullover from Teresa Asbell; it may well be the best piece of hunting clothing that I have. I talked to Teresa on Monday, and on Thursday the package arrived. She was a pleasure to deal with, and the pullover is very well made, and should be deadly quiet. I am about to give it it's maiden voyage this afternoon. She said she sews some luck into each piece, so we shall see if that holds true. BTW, Evening Stand Green looks as good as any camo as far as concealment goes.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Teresa's wool
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 04:41:00 PM »
I just got mine last week.  I agree, may be one of the best purchases I have ever made for hunting clothing.

Offline JV Rooster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 04:56:00 PM »
I got mine ang love it. I had to take mine in to have it resewn because it was comming apart in 3 places. I gess this happens.
>>>------John------>

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 05:30:00 PM »
I've been able to wear my evening stand brown a few times now and am very pleased with it. It's quiet, warm and I have enough room to wear my KOM Bushman heavy shirt under if need be. Good purchase.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline BaldingEagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 06:31:00 PM »
Ironically, some of my friends laughed when I put one of her pullovers on because it was so long.  I did, however get a shot at two different deer who never saw me in my "camo" wool.  Great purchase. Congratulations.
"It is the difficulties of archery that make it so interesting to true archers."
Archery-Badminton Library

Offline Keith Langford

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 07:39:00 PM »
I have 2 pullovers, 1 vest, 1 double mckinaw, and the wind blocker vest. Even if they were not top drawer, which they are, especially for the price, the conversation with Mrs. Asbell itself would be worth the money. First class all the way
John 3:16

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 08:30:00 PM »
Does anyone know how long it takes to get an order from The Asbells?Reason I'm asking is my wife bought me a Haversack and a bow sock/case on the 16th of this month for my Birthday
and I haven't seen nothing yet...She said she paid with our creditcard and it only charged us for the haversack? When I tryed to call their number on Wednesday the mailbox was full each time I called...It may be because they might be out of town but I was just curious as to how long it takes to get an order..I even tried to email them but the email didn't even go through...Thanks and any help would be appreciated...God Bless, Keefers <><

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »
Teresa had what I wanted in stock. Otherwise, 2 to 4 weeks if she has to sew up a new one.
Here is a pic of me this afternoon waiting for a deer to show up (they didn't). I think it is going to work.....

If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »
Thanks Pat and you blend in very nicely...Is that the evening stand green? I like it and you are hard to pic out in that pic..  :thumbsup:

Offline rluttrell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 08:55:00 PM »
ok guys where is the link?
Hopefully you will see me as a better person today than I was yesterday..

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 08:59:00 PM »
I wore my wool hooded pullover from Theresa over a La Clair grey wool shirt this weekend, and it was actually a bit too warm. Georgia was chilly  but not really cold, but this was my first chance to wear them together. I used my haversack for the first time as well. All performed well both in terms of quietness and camo effect. I had a yearling doe come up to my stand, actually sniffing the ladder. She  looked through me but never spooked at all. (No, she was barely out of spots, so I did not shoot.)

I have several of Theresa's items but have always bought on-site. Therefore, I don't know about wait times, but I do know you will like it when it arrives.
Sam

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »
I wore my evening stand green tonight in a big pine...had a spike and 7 does near me most of the evening, they never saw me. GREAT camo!
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »
Robert,
 The link is up on this page far left...Just click on the ad...

Offline Nattybumppo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 09:11:00 PM »
I plan on getting one for my trip out to Kansas and Nebraska next year. Don't get to wear wool down here in middle ga much...
Stalker Coyote #53
Northern Mist #55
Hoyt Buffalo #55
Compton Member

Offline Jayb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 10:31:00 PM »
I received mine the same week when I ordered & yes was great to talk to mrs Asbell too.  I got the pullover  brown and might finally be cold enough here in Dallas to try it out.  Only problem is just realized this weekend is special kids week so will have to wear a blaze orange vest on top
Black Widow PSA II #52 @ 26"

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »
Good stuff for sure.
David M. Conroy

Offline Ken Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 05:08:00 PM »
I'm leaving on my annual whitetail Monday morning so Friday was my last chance to receive anything in the mail.

I was kind of hoping... and lo and behold... there it was... my evening stand green hooded pullover made especially for me in size XXL Tall.
May your next adventure lighten your heart, test your spirit, and nourish your soul.

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2011, 05:15:00 PM »
Even though it's not advertised, she has 30 oz. blaze orange.  I'm waiting for my blaze orange wool vest to use during gun season.

I love my evening stand brown pullover!!!  I also have a mackinaw (in a different pattern) that I ordered a couple of years ago-my wife commandeered the pullover, I got to keep the mackinaw part.
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2011, 06:55:00 PM »
I have two of the pullovers......as for the luck she sews into each one, she must of just started that....LOL   :biglaugh:  I like them so much that I even wear them out when I'm not hunting. Great stuff, I'll have to get one of the new ones with the luck sewn in!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline chad graham

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2011, 08:47:00 PM »
i really like mine!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©