3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2 tracks Longhunter vests-opinions  (Read 243 times)

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
2 tracks Longhunter vests-opinions
« on: October 29, 2011, 11:34:00 AM »
I've been eyeing this vest, but I never seen one or tried one on.  I have filson/pendleton/johnson/USA Woolrich jackets and vests here now.

can anyone kinda rate the 2-tracks for me, have you worn one or tried one on and is it baggy for folks with big guts in the front or is it close to the torso for normal builds.

how are the seams, says they reinforced them but hows the pockets hold up with two heavy hands hanging out of them all day.

thank you for any info, and PM if you want.  thanks T
"Us vs Them"

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2 tracks Longhunter vests-opinions
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 02:19:00 PM »
I love my Two Tracks Vest....  I just haven't had to many opportunities to use it because of injuries this year but it is pure Quality and Class !!!

I don't think anyone could produce one any nicer period!!

The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 07:05:00 AM »
I like the pattern on that,,, whats he say on how to clean it,, just wonering if he has a different way where he's using his own wool.
"Us vs Them"

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 07:32:00 AM »
Their vests are felt, about 1/2" thick and very warm-a great product.  They aren't tight, but neither are they baggy, loose enough to wear a jacket under it (if the buyer has special needs, call them).  The seams are well sewed and very sturdy.  The collar is high and comes up high enough to cover your ears.  Cleaning instructions per Chris:  "You can clean your vest by soaking in mild vegetable based soap (i.e., Murphy's Oil soap)in a large basin, the dirt will draw out. You can agitate a little, but not vigorously, by hand, then let water run out and hang dry.  Blot out any stains."
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline justracey

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 07:41:00 AM »
These Jackets are top notch. Chris does a great job with them you will not be disapointed with your purchase
Just get outside and blow the stink off!!!

www.stjoeriverbows.com

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 08:04:00 AM »
I just found this, Thanks to the fine folks above and for your interest.
I tell people how I clean my vest and that is how I wash ALL of my wool.

I fill our big sink up with warm water and I add a bit of scent free soap(hunters soap). I then put the garment in and let it soak for a little bit,5 min-15 min most times,depend on my degree of hurry.
I will "knead" or work the garment just to get some water to move thru/over it. VERY LITTLE Action is needed,action is what can shrink your wool.
I will then place the garment in the washing machine and SPIN out the water.

My rinse will be in the same manner but without the soap,once or twice will due. Then I will take it outside and toss it over a bush or tree branch or clothesline to dry. Before I hang it to dry I will be sure to pull/block it back to a good shape. I just grab it and tug/stretch it very lite and make it look right again.

Chuck
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 05:10:00 PM »
Excellent quality and fit. Best wool I've owned. Comparing that to KOM, Columbian, Cabela's and others. By far the best at blocking wind and retaining heat. You can ask for some customizing with the camo option also.   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline americanhunter7

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 07:20:00 PM »
What do I know about Two Tracks vests....Well from all of the other posts on TG I know that "I WANT ONE!!!" I can speak for his felt wool insoles for boots and shoes and say that if the quality of his vests is anything like his insoles you WILL NOT be disappointed. And as far as shipping and customer service Chuck is TOP NOTCH!  :thumbsup:
John         :campfire:        

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bluemoonrising

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 07:22:00 PM »
Best wool garment made. Chris does a great job with the vests. I like wearing Theresa Asbell's wool shirt/jacket under it.Those two ladies know what they are doing. Peace!

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 08:57:00 PM »
Truly a Top Shelf hunting garment, I'll have one 1 day!

Eric

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 12:57:00 AM »
John thanks for the reminder I need to get some more insoles they are fantastic!!!
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 01:11:00 AM »
This has been on my want list for a long time,gots to get one,You take trades! LOL
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 08:48:00 AM »
I've been thinking of getting one of these to wear over my LaClair's long hunter shirt when it gets below zero.  ;)
Got wood? - Tom

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2011, 09:43:00 AM »
I've been thinking of getting one of these to wear over my LaClair's long hunter shirt when it gets below zero.  
Here's mine over my Longhunter wool shirt. A great combination for extreme cold. You won't find a better quality wool product than a Two Tracks vest..   :thumbsup:  

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 11:09:00 AM »
Mine makes me look skinny....

PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Kapellmeister

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 11:17:00 AM »
Originally posted by Biggie Hoffman:
Hmmm... I'll have to try one for that reason alone!
Gene

~ s.D.g. ~

68" Osage Orange Selfbow 55@28
68" Hill Half-Breed 55@28
64" Schafer Silvertip 1pc Longbow 50@28
58" Shrew Classic Hunter 49@28

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 12:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by Biggie Hoffman: