3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Got shut down  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Got shut down
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 04:46:00 PM »
I am  SO  Lucky to have Neighbors that Dont Mind My Archery Practice on my 15 Yard Backyard Course!! Of course I have a Car & 1/2 Garage I use as a Permanent BackStop. If those Concerned Citizenz dont come to a complete stop in the street, most Cant See Me out there Anyway!!  :readit:  
      Thats why I am Not, nor have  ANY  Interest in Local Politics. Too Many Compromises or down-right LIES to get their Agenda Clear. Forget that Penny-Anty , "You Scratch Mine, I wil Scratch Yours" Crap that has been going on since Time Immemorial....... I will Put My Soapbox Away now, and stop the Rant.  :thumbsup:  
      Arrows hitting a Bag Target causing too Much Noise?? Oh Please.....  :banghead:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Widow's Son

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2011, 04:51:00 PM »
The two things that I would do is 1} put up a "For Sale" sign and 2} go have a talk with the neighbor.  This is ridiculous. It's amazing how people want to control what others are doing when they should just mind their own business.
1969 Bear Super Kodiak 45#
1966 Bear Kodiak 52#
2000 Black Widow MAII
46# at 28"
Roy Hall Navajo Stick, 64" Caddo 55#@28"

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2011, 04:54:00 PM »
In a popular bowhunting area as Greenville is that's ridiculous. I'd appeal it if you haven't already.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Online BAK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2011, 04:57:00 PM »
Try setting up an olympic style target and tell them your practicing to try out for the summer games.  Maybe if it isn't hunting related they'll leave you alone.
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Offline yekrut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2011, 05:06:00 PM »
I got nailed by our city cops here too for the same reason and now have to shoot elseware!!!!
There are many good moccasin tracks along the trail of a straight arrow: ( fox )

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2011, 05:07:00 PM »
Most of these ordinances include a catch all that is broad enough to cover bow and arrow even if it isn't specific, like "projectiles."  I can understand the thinking behind these ordinances, but it would be nice to see a little bit of prosecutorial or neighborly discretion for those that clearly aren't hurting anyone.  That is how it is supposed to work.  You need the rule in case some idiot is shooting his compound at squirrels in a neighborhood, but the law shouldn't be used as a hammer, when a scapel is needed.

I would be very upset if I couldn't shoot my bow in the yard, and would probably take up a new hobby that makes a whole lot of noise at certain times of the day - horseshoes maybe?  :D
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline Kentucky Jeff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2011, 05:24:00 PM »
Gosh, I think I'd have to mow my grass and run the leaf blower next to his window EVERY DAY for the next month or so...its fall you know and you gotta keep ahead of those darned leaves!

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2011, 05:28:00 PM »
Yep, and take the mufflers off of them. Run them full speed !!!
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline Red Tailed Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2011, 05:46:00 PM »
That plain out stinks!!!
I am sorry to hear it. I shoot in my yard and stay discreet and am always in fear of when my day will come.
I'm drinking from a saucer 'cause my cup has overflowed

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2011, 05:53:00 PM »
I am doing everything I can to get back to the country. Even small city life sucks! I wont be happy til I find a place that I can shoot bow naked if I wanted to. Way the economy is it may take awhile. I feel for you.

Rob
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2011, 06:10:00 PM »
It's not that I can't afford to move. I couldn't afford the divorce if i did. My wife loves it on the lake here. She gets to talk to everyone walking by and knows everyone around from walking our dogs. Nothing could get her out of this place. I was going to walk up the hill and talk to the neighbor, but had a beer with dinner. Don't want him calling the police back telling them I came up to see him drunk. The idiot even came down one day and said he wanted to put up a deer fence around his place to keep the deer out of his garden and shrubs. I said "Sure. No problem". Should double check and make sure it's not over the property line. I should start baiting them up there now that it's legal again and see how long it takes them to push his fence down. Not that I'm mad or anything:-(
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Montanawidower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2011, 06:17:00 PM »
I feel your pain.  I lived in the city during college and hated having to drive to shoot.  Now I can pee off my front porch and shoot when I please.  Both of which are pretty fun.  :)

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2011, 06:26:00 PM »
Plant 2 rows of alternating pines all around your back yard. In 3-4 years it will be grown enough that you can shoot all day and no one is ever going to see you or have any clue you are shooting. Then cut off just the very top and they will grow nice and fat but no taller.

You could also put up a privacy fence or do both!

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2011, 06:32:00 PM »
I like the tree idea. We have a bunch of old growth pine that is 60 - 70 feet high, but of course no growth down below. Lots of scrubby little maple and oak stuff, but some good pine or fir trees, trimmed as you suggest would make a good screen. And, he couldn't see through them without coming down the hill, which is all our property. Not a quick fix, but something to get started on for help down the road.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline The Night Stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2011, 06:36:00 PM »
I would take up another habit like practicing for the Elk calling championship during the day. But thats me and my irish nature is to start ****. If he would of come over or called me, there would not be a problem. I had it happen to me when I was a teenager living in Delaware. Now I moved where I can shoot a rifle and pee off the front porch at the same time. I feel for ya.
Speed does not Kill, Silence Kills
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2011, 06:37:00 PM »
We have a law on the books that states, No shooting of any single projectile weapon. About 20 years ago a man accidentally  shot his son while target shooting. He was shooting along side his house and the boy ran out as he shot. The boy recovered but the law was in place. We have convinced the local mayor to set up an archery range on city property. Should be in place in the spring
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline The Night Stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2011, 06:41:00 PM »
Montanawidower, they is just something about peeing off the front porch and lookingup at the stars. I also agree with the shrubery to block the line of sight and getting a softer target like a rhinhart.
Speed does not Kill, Silence Kills
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2011, 06:44:00 PM »
Here is podunk ********* County, some development made up their OWN covenance (?) that forbids "launching any projectile" and a guy I know got shot down for shooting behind his solid fence.

Legally, that would prohibit kids throwing baseball or frisbee or shooting hoops!

Total insanity but a sign of the times!Sounds like it's time to put in a basement extension 50' long and 7' high, poured walls and flat slab over top and you've got an indoor range!

Course, by a lake, groundwater might make that not so smart eh?   :scared:    :knothead:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline tecum-tha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2011, 07:03:00 PM »
Instead of the loud fieldpoints, I would start cold forming metal in my backyard to create artwork and tell him if he complains that you need the fresh air for your creativity with the hammer or start some decent indian drum practice ;-)). I bet that will help this yerks sleep and he can't even do anything against it.
I can't understand people who move into those nasty city limits or developments.
Stay out of there if you like to shoot anything and let the city slickers deal with themselves. That is the reason I could never live in one of those developments or within city limits again...

Offline Chumster

• BOEUF 2019
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2011, 07:05:00 PM »
I always make sure no one is in their yard, whether in front, back or to the side of me when I shoot. If so I retire for the evening and wish I had more land.
Never wait too long!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©