3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Got shut down  (Read 1212 times)

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Got shut down
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2011, 08:02:00 PM »
i know what you are dealing with. i live in a golf community, there is an ordinance about all the things you have mentioned, but things ended up working in my favor. a town policeman stopped by my home to let me know i had to move my tool trailer. your not supposed to park those in front of your home  in our community. he also made mention of my archery range in the side yard. when i explained to him  what i participated in, as well as building some selfbows. he aske to see one and i offered him to shoot it. i gave him a quick tutorial and a demonstration, " im not supposed to even watch you do this" was his reply i shot one arrow, retrieved it and he asked to try ." im not supposed to be doing this" he told me. 3 yrs later  they drive by my house once in a while. sometimes while im shooting. i get a wave as they drive on by no questions asked.  im guessing part of it is i have a good bunch of neighbors too, none have made any complaints to local law and some are begging me to take out some of the deer in their backyard lol. rv
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline hvyhitter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2011, 08:02:00 PM »
Tune up te chainsaw a few times a day for about a month..............
Bowhunting is "KILL and EAT" not "Catch and Release".....Semper Fi!

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2011, 08:13:00 PM »
Seriously,  it is time to do everything legally within your power to make the putz miserable.   The only reason people screw with you is because society tells you to let them.  I would buy a propane gun for scaring birds.  Get a permit if you need to for it.  Turn it on during his sleep time.   When he complains tell him you're keeping the deer out of his yard.  People really need to learn to mind their own business on their own land.   Living in the county I can shoot in my yard.   If I hit someone I am held accountable.   A city liberal will legislate you to death to prevent what rarely occurs.   Screw freedom,  legislate everything.  Dumb and dumber is what I call those folks!
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »
You know, all this get even s*** is fun to talk about, but I have really tried to be a good neighbor for the last 14 years. I have a shop behind the house for my knife making. I haven't done much forging since moving here because my anvil needs work and I don't have a real steady base for it. I could go up to the shop and start pounding the anvil until it drove him nuts. He'd just file an excessive noise complaint. The guy won't talk to any of the other neighbors. Maybe he'll have a nice quiet stroke and I'll read about it in the paper. 'Till then, I think I will get busy planting trees.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Beanbag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2011, 08:32:00 PM »
Buy a dog that likes  to bark.. Tie him up at the back of your property.Better still just play a recording of a barking dog all day, when the police show up, you don't have a dog. Gets my Irish up. ????People

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2011, 08:35:00 PM »
Unfortunately, the city has an ordnance against barking dogs too. Too many complaints and you get cited for harboring a nuisance. And we do have 2 dogs.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Beanbag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2011, 08:56:00 PM »
Boy, talk about being scw@$#ed. Time to move!!!. Every time you find some road kill, just drop it off in his yard. Maybe he can give them a decent burial.Pet cemetary kind of stuff. Maybe he can stop all the traffic in the neighborhood too!! lol

Offline V I Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2011, 09:02:00 PM »
I am a Bylaw Enfocement Officer, it's tough sometimes telling good people what they can and cannot do one their own land.  I will say though that I do enforce with a good measure of discretion and view complaints with a healthy amount of objectivity.  Some people live to complain.  

Might be worth your time to investigate thee wording of the bylaw and perhaps a letter to council arguing your case and citing the relative safety of arhery comparitive to other legal pastimes.

I will say this though, if I was told I couldn't shoot in my yard a for sale sign would be going up awfully quick.  We bought our first house a few months ago within the city limits.  This is a five year plan max, then I want a good hunk of proprety where I can shoot a moose of my back porch if I so desire.

All the best in your fight my friend.
But be sure you live out the message and do not merely listen to it and so deceive yourself - James 1:22

Offline Buckwheaties

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2011, 09:02:00 PM »
That one main reason I live in Texas and in the country. I can shoot a 30-06 out my back door or burn my lawn or trash in my burn barrel w/o breaking any law, pee wherever I want to. My neighbors (which I can't even see) do the same. "Heck he must be shooting a semi pistol, rat-tat-tat, or he must be tuning up for deer season, boom- boom- boom" I'd never live in a town or city, ever!!
"Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do."

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2011, 09:07:00 PM »
I feel for ya but sometimes we have ourselfs to blame. Don't tar and feather me.

If you remember back about the thread , what's the worst/crazy shot you ever did. There was a lot of, I shot my neighbors roof, neighbors car, side of neighbors house, windows, cars etc etc. Do you think that had anything to do with the ordnance of shooting anything in your own yard.

I am not saying it's right but sometimes we are our worst enemy.

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2011, 09:35:00 PM »
Sorry to hear. I would have a range in my own basement though.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline landman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2011, 09:36:00 PM »
Someone always has to bitch and I could "get it" if you were popping off .22s at squirrels in the neighborhood trees but archery with a good back stop is no one's business.

Sorry to hear it.   My elderly back fence neighbor could care less...I've retrieved arrows from her flower beds when I manage to miss and slip one under the fence.   She even comes over for cocktails on occasion.

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2011, 09:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bladepeek:
It's not that I can't afford to move. I couldn't afford the divorce if i did. My wife loves it on the lake here.
How big a lake?  Wood arrows float fletch up.  Milk jugs float.  Rowboat to retrieve arrows & jug.  Problem solved.    :thumbsup:
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2011, 09:54:00 PM »
Sorry to hear that. People are crazy now days. My closest neighbor is about a mile away and it's getting to crowded for me. I can shoot my guns, burn trash, walk around like Adam did in the garden, shoot deer off the front porch and just about anything I so desire. If you buy again I suggest to buy outside any city limits and buy zoned agriculture. I hope you find a solution to the problem soon. Good shootin   Dave
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline Mike Theis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »
I feel your pain. Moved to the country to avoid this very subject.

But It would be a shame for a few skunks to visit that neighbors back yard. Of course, he shouldn't mind, being kin and all.   :)
If man were to know everything in advance, there would be no such thing as adventure!

Offline '46

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2011, 10:34:00 PM »
Bummer! Very sorry to hear of things like that.

The city where I lived for 33 years had a ordinance just like that. The chief of police lived next door. Turns out, over the years we became hunting buddies and he said if no one complained I was good to go.
George
_------------->

Offline D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2011, 10:36:00 PM »
Call me old fashion but the cops would probably have to make a visit again cause I would have a VERY VERY serious talk with that fellow.  Thats BS.  Stinking riduculous

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2011, 11:32:00 PM »
:mad:    :mad:    :banghead:  Where is our freedom these days?
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2011, 02:59:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ragnarok Forge:
Seriously,  it is time to do everything legally within your power to make the putz miserable.   The only reason people screw with you is because society tells you to let them.  I would buy a propane gun for scaring birds.  Get a permit if you need to for it.  Turn it on during his sleep time.   When he complains tell him you're keeping the deer out of his yard.  People really need to learn to mind their own business on their own land.   Living in the county I can shoot in my yard.   If I hit someone I am held accountable.   A city liberal will legislate you to death to prevent what rarely occurs.   Screw freedom,  legislate everything.  Dumb and dumber is what I call those folks!
Sigh....what he said
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Offline dispatch 510

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2011, 03:42:00 AM »
Man that sucks, on a lighter note I love the bow I got from you.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©