3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: american leathers glove?  (Read 576 times)

Offline 8leg-lover

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: american leathers glove?
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 11:25:00 PM »
So what do these bad boys go for $$ wise? No price on site.
Carl Kossuth

"Currently shooting whatever strikes my fancy"

"PERFECT practice makes perfect"

Offline youngarcher1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2011, 11:46:00 PM »
they're available on 3rivers site, 43.95 for the big shot elk glove and 59.99 for the big shot buff. worth every penny i have the elk and my dad has the buff fantastic products

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2011, 12:28:00 AM »
i have been using them since James Schulz started the business. I have gone through a bunch of them over all these years. Every one of them is still in use, I give them away to those that desperately need a good glove and then I buy myself a new one.

Offline Ray_G

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2011, 01:29:00 AM »
Originally posted by pamike:
Thanks ray - that is helpful. i am just struggling for which one to get for my bows.  i pull light weight bows 43# - 50#. Is nylon the right one or should I get crossover. I have been using a very heavy cordovan tab (aae) and that leads me to think I would like the crossover. However I believe that is really made for heavy bows.
My thoughts about the differences are that it depends upon your shooting preferences.  Like Tony mentioned, the elk Big Shot lets you feel the string more and if you like a deep hook, it will do that easily.  The Crossover is stiffer and you can make an "L" no problem, slight hook.  For me that was the ticket in my release.  The string is not hung on my fingers and comes off easily.  I don't think that your under 45# bows will be a problem with the Crossover if you have been shooting a stiff or thick tab and it is the feel / shooting style that you like.  Your 50# is just below my 54# so for heavier bows, yeah but not necessarily.

Like mrjsl stated, the Bison has more integrity in the fibers to resist stretch.  I had to stitch my stalls tighter after the elk stretched during break in (not much but I am picky) but they haven't moved since.  The bison has been fine all along.  

Both are excellent gloves - just different strokes.  The bison took a little shooting to break in to my liking.  I was unsure of it at first but once I shot it to where it broke in, it is now my preferred.  You should get years of service out of either glove like pavan and others have mentioned.  My elk gloves are 4+ years and still going strong.

Email or talk with John at American Leathers if you have reservations.  He is a great guy!
Sunset Hill 64" 54# @ 26"  "Destiny"

B.H.A.

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2011, 06:32:00 AM »
I dont think you could go wrong with any of the American leathers gloves. They are an excellant choice. I've had mine for 2 or 3 years without a problem. Love it!

Jason

Offline ripforce56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2011, 08:39:00 AM »
i have the Elk Big shot and the Wet shot, i have been using my wet shot this fall very stretchy pretty much water resitant and works great with finger less gloves  when it is cold! Love American Leather products!
BirchBark Rovers Custom Quivers 
Bama Royal Expedition T/D  #00027
Root Target Master 66in 40@28
SF Forged Plus/Carbon Elite 40lb Limbs 68in ILF
Schramm Recurve 62in 46@28

Schramm 62in Recurve 46@28

Offline pamike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2011, 09:02:00 AM »
Leaning towards crossover but ??

Wish I could test them!
HABU Vyperkahn
Elk master
Hill Country Bobcat

Offline mt-dew10

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2011, 09:12:00 AM »
I used a tab exclusively for about one year.  I got tired having to put it on, take it off and put it on again in hunting situations.  

For this hunting season I was adamant on wearing a glove.  I tried many different styles and spent alot of money doing so.  Tried a Big Shot (elk hide) and am hooked.  The tabs are now in my drawer and will probably stay there.

One thing to mention, I did order one size down from what I usually wear.  I normally use XL in tabs and some of the gloves I tried.  I got a size Large in the Big Shot.  Although the fit was tight it first, the leather seemed to 'mold' to my hand for a better fit.
I enjoy being a traditional archer!!

Offline mark land

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2011, 10:55:00 AM »
I'm with Friend on this as well, tab shooter from the start, never liked any gloves I tried until I shot a Big Shot, now I don't even know where my tabs are and have 3 gloves, 1 elk and 2 buffalo, love those gloves.
They'll be no quitters till we bag us some critters!

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2011, 10:59:00 AM »
I think I own 5 of them(Big Shots)....liked them so much I bought plenty as you never know when the good stuff will not be made anymore.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2011, 11:39:00 AM »
I bought one probably 6 or 7 years ago.  At the time I was shooting in the backyard at least 6 days a week.  In the summer in the Lowcountry of SC that means heat and humidity.  Being the sweat hog that I am, the threads in the stitching tore through the leather after about 7 or 8 weeks.  It was a great shooting glove, but I just sweat too much and can't afford to replace a glove that tears out under the onslaught of sweat to which I subject a glove.

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2011, 11:45:00 AM »
If you are picky about fit like I am, you might want to wait until you can try them on in person before buying.  I sent in a trace of my hand twice, both times one finger was way off.  I gave up and gave the glove away.  May try one again eventually, but it will when I can try them on in person.

Chad

Offline pamike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2011, 12:39:00 PM »
Is there anyone that stocks these gloves to try them on? Cabelas sell them?

Mike
HABU Vyperkahn
Elk master
Hill Country Bobcat

Offline arrow flynn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2011, 05:11:00 PM »
tried it not for me stalls not long enough still like my bateman cordovan glove w inserts better
Arrow_Flynn

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2011, 05:40:00 PM »
My Bison glove does stretch. I'm going to do a custom stich job and see if that will give me a better fit.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2011, 06:10:00 PM »
I hate this place.
I had a Big Shot, but didn't seem to like it. For whatever reason. Have a Dura Glove from 3Rs, but got a Fred Eichler Cordovan tab and love it.
But now this thread and I'm wearing my Big Shot right now. Maybe I didn't give it a fair shake...
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Offline pamike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2011, 10:48:00 PM »
Talked to john he says elk. I may just have to buy both and try them
HABU Vyperkahn
Elk master
Hill Country Bobcat

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2011, 11:46:00 PM »
The last one I got, the Buffalo number had nice long finger stalls, and the bow tip protector that came with it has come in handy, i needed one at the time and it fit really nice on my Pete George yew timberline

Offline pamike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2011, 05:09:00 AM »
Talked to john he says elk. I may just have to buy both and try them
HABU Vyperkahn
Elk master
Hill Country Bobcat

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2011, 06:17:00 AM »
:thumbsup:   The Big shot is the only glove I use. I actually own 3 of them.

Bill

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©