3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Have you ever felt.......?  (Read 410 times)

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Have you ever felt.......?
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 05:30:00 PM »
Mudd, at least you got in the woods! I have on many ocasion loaded the truck and got ready to leave only to hear "Honey I need you to watch the kids today" Talk about a failed hunt...LOL
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2011, 05:48:00 PM »
I feel your pain..... Been there too often!

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2011, 07:05:00 PM »
I don't mind going to the woods and not seeing anything as long as it isn't my own fault.

I want to do what I'm supposed to do but there are some days I just keep tripping over my own feet and getting in my own way...lol

God bless,Mudd

PS: A successful hunt is when I don't need to give myself grief for not doing it as well as I know I should.
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline LPN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 09:01:00 PM »
About the same for me tonight too. Too wet to take the beans off but the wind and sunshine the last few days have dried the leaves to a crisp crackly crunch. During good conditions this particular stand is 300 hundred yards from my parking spot, today I took the 1/2 mile treck on the north side of one of the bean field, nice soft dirt and I could dodge the leaf piles and get to about 70 yds from the stand nice and quiet. Squirrels were making some noise bouncing around as they do so I thought I could get to the stand w/o too much of a problem. They're starting to chase the does up here in North Central Oh 'cause I wasn't 30 yrds in the woods and here he comes down the trail 15 yrds from where my stand is to check out who is making that racket. we see each other at the same time me at the top of a ravine trying to be inconspicuous behind a 6" elm sapling,,we stare at each other for about 3 min or so and he trots off. Try again in the morning. BTW Mudd,,I ran into and old friend of yours a couple of months ago,,she says Hi,,,,,

Offline Red Tailed Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2011, 09:13:00 PM »
Mudd I can say I know exactly how you feel, Been there before quite to many times!!!

It makes it all the sweeter when everything does come together and It seems that you cant do no wrong... Even Lions, Leopards, Cheetahs, and tigers fail quite often.
I'm drinking from a saucer 'cause my cup has overflowed

Offline Earl Jeff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2011, 06:31:00 AM »
MUDD the wind has been giving me fits this year. I was sitting on stand last night getting mad because of it constantly swirling. I think I used a whole bottle of powder checking the wind. Finally gave up and thought the heck with it if I get busted I get busted. A little depressing.

Offline Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2011, 06:46:00 AM »
I hear ya Roy ... !
But then i think what else could I have been doing ? Housework , paying bills ....>

On those bad days , and beleive me bro , I have them a lot I just whack some stumps , get my thoughts together and work out the next plan of attack !
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©