3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fletching Jig Recommendations  (Read 390 times)

Offline mikebiz

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fletching Jig Recommendations
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 04:06:00 PM »
Bitzenburger is my preferred jig.  You can find them used on the web pretty often.
"...and last of all I leave to you the thrill of life and the joy of youth that throbs a moment in a well bent bow, then leaps forth in the flight of an arrow." - Saxton Pope

Offline BeNoIt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 04:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by metsastaja:
Great Video Rob. BeNoIt pay particular attention to the shaft and fletch prep. Rob is getting rid of manufacture residue and finger oils.
Yeah - I caught that. Thanks Les.
David

Matthew 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Bigfoot Flatliner 55@28 64" (New!)
Spirit LB 55# @28" 62"

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2011, 07:26:00 PM »
Originally posted by JamesKerr:
I really like the JoJan Multi fletcher.
I have used my JoJan on woods, aluminum, and carbon shafts for years!

Bisch

Offline Reaper TN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 07:32:00 PM »
I have a Martin J-8 same as the Grayling brand, and a BPE.  Both will serve the beginner/casual fletcher till Hades freezes over.
TT Pinnacle II  45# 62"
Hoyt Excel  50# 64"

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2011, 07:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by Reaper TN:
I have a Martin J-8 same as the Grayling brand, and a BPE.  Both will serve the beginner/casual fletcher till Hades freezes over.
no, they're not at all "casual, beginner" fletchers - they're both every bit as good as any bitz and will produce the same results, depending on the fletcher's skills, no matter whether for popping critters or targets.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2011, 08:01:00 PM »
The Martin J-8 has an advantage over the Bitz, in that it has a micro-adjustment that allows you to precisely position the feathers at the angle you want to the nock.  This is an advantage for those of us who like to use the cock feather against the nose anchor, and are particular about having the cock feather at a certain angle.

The Bitz has various indexers available, and some indexers have blank rows where you can drill your own holes, so you can eventually get the angle you want, but it is not as convenient or as fast as with the Martin.

You have to be a little more careful using the Martin to get the shaft positioned correctly in the slot, whereas with the Bitz the shaft pretty much falls into the correct position by itself.

My Bitz's have long been set up with indexers that give me the angle that I want, and as long as I can get that angle without any hassle, I prefer using the Bitz because it is more sturdy and the magnet is stronger, so seems to give me more consistent results, or at least requires less of my attention to get those results, than the Martin.

I'm fine using either one, actually, and keep my Martins set up for one diameter of shaft that I use and my Bitzs set up for another diameter.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline John Lipinski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2011, 11:01:00 AM »
i've got the bohning fletching jig and it's proved reliable and consistent for me. I also use fletch tape, and have had no problems with it at all. Just remember to superglue the frots and backs of the feathers, and you'll have no trouble at all fletching your own arrows. Speaking of making arrows, I really need to get my arrow building equipment... i'm getting the bug to want to build things but haven't brought it to school from home yet... gotta love building your own equipment

Offline Shortlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2011, 11:08:00 AM »
I have had a bitz for over 30 years. Never had a problem with it
Ask me about the Professional Bowhunters Society.
Bobby Parrott

Offline $bowhunter$

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2011, 12:05:00 PM »
i love my jo-jan.
"SHOOT STRAIT" - something im still working twards

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©