3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: STEELFORCE BROADHEADS  (Read 268 times)

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
STEELFORCE BROADHEADS
« on: November 04, 2011, 05:22:00 PM »
I wanted to let everyone out there know the reality of these broadheads that Steelforce makes.  They are ground from .080 titanium and then added a steel ferrule to fit for a custom broadhead.  Nick at Steelforce sent me this aircraft aluminum 1/4" thick plate that they tested three broadheads from.  All three are 145 grains using a aluminum arrow from a 70lb compound bow and still intact and ready to hunt with.  
From left to right, 145gr phathead penetration that has a slight bump on rear of plate, the aluminum arrow shattered on impact.
Next is single bevel grind 145gr penetration with a broadhead penetrating through the plate slightly and aluminum arrow shattered.
Last is a double grind 145 grain penetration with pass through plus 1/4" and the aluminum arrow did not shattered, still intact.  
Now with this info I believe that STEELFORCE BROADHEADS rank at the top of my list.  Now that this study was done, what other broadheads can do this and still be able to go out and hunt with the broadhead.  
  http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i434/hitmancustoms/DSC02492.jpg    

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: STEELFORCE BROADHEADS
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 05:25:00 PM »
Sorry the test is done from right to left according to my writing.  Sorry for this.  The left broadhead is the one that had the penetration and aluminum arrow still intact.  These are also a 3-1 ratio at 145 grains.  Nobody else makes these this light and durable with TITANIUM, MADE IN USA.  Everyone elses are at least 200 gr plus.
Thanks
Dave

Offline excelpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 06:33:00 PM »
I have used the 125gr Phatheads. I found them to be a very good head and extremely durable. My issue with them is that once used a few times the blades became a little loose where they fitted into the ferrule causing them to rattle in flight like a loose field point does. Have you had this issue? They did it on all six I have.

That being said I would certainly like to try some of their heavier heads.
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be ... time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and the fish that live there."
Fred Bear

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 07:07:00 PM »
Titaniums heads?  My experience with making titanium knives is that the material while easy to sharpen does not hold an edge well.   What grade of titanium is used for these heads?  What is the Rockwell hardness of the titanium?  Does the manufacturer carbidize the cutting surfaces to increase wearability?  I am not being critical here, just curious.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 07:22:00 PM »
I shot the one on the left for awhile. Held an edge very well. Only thing I didn't like was the width for my whitetail hunting. I will say with those heads up front any arrow is on a ride to the other side of any animal I have come in contact with.

Rob
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 08:26:00 PM »
I don't have the specs on type and hardness but I am sure Nick would help you out if you wanted to call.  I haven't had any issues with the blades loosening up or anythin.  I actually am using the african phatheads which come in 145, 190 grains.  I am just here talking about a broadhead that I believe in and the customer service is awesome.  You actually talk with the owners and are more than willing to help you out.  I was out of a few heads and nobody had them in stock and Nick was able to find a few heads to get me through my hunt.  So that is why I wanted to post here and give a oohray out to them.
Thanks

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »
I have the Hellfires in my quiver now that 3-Rivers sells for $17 for a 3 pack. I have taken one deer with them and they are a great buy.

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 10:32:00 PM »
I shoot and love Steel Force broadheads also. Great products, and big blood trails very sharp out of the pack.
May the spirit of archery always be with you,and keep you young at heart.  www.lostcreekbow-com.webs.com

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©