3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: anyone from KOTA??  (Read 204 times)

Offline caleb7mm

• Trad Bowhunter
anyone from KOTA??
« on: November 04, 2011, 10:06:00 PM »
No luck by phone or email getting a hold of anyone from kota over the last week.

searching I have found many different BH recomendations on kotas. I have also seen measurements from the throat of the grip and from the back of the shelf??

I am looking for the factory recomended brace height for a 62" 3 peice 53# @28" TFX recurve.

thank you

caleb
Hoyt Dorado 45&50lb

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: anyone from KOTA??
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 10:22:00 PM »
Tim's probably hunting, he does go by the back of the shelf rather than the throat of grip. I think the one I shot was 7.5 but I really am guessing.
701 978 2776

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Kentucky Jeff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 08:45:00 AM »
Tim will tell you that the factory recommended brace height on a Kota TFX is 7.25" from the back of the shelf.  I keep a Excel spreadsheet for all my bows with the factory spec and my adjustments.  I double checked what I posted and 7.25" is the number Tim recommends for his bows.

Its November and there are a lot of bowyers out doing what bowyers do in November...chasin' critters.

Be patient.  The SBD string will make you happy and make that bow purr....  You will smile.

Offline caleb7mm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 08:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kentucky Jeff:

Be patient
Im plenty patient. There was no malice in my post. I felt if I didnt add that I had tried to get a hold of them I would just be told by everyone to try and get a hold of them.

Thanks for the info Jeff.
Hoyt Dorado 45&50lb

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 08:40:00 AM »
Brace height is not cast in stone....just try it at a few different settings and look for the sweet spot. It may like 6 7/8 or maybe 7 3/8, or 7 1/4 as was mentioned!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online LookMomNoSights

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 09:11:00 AM »
I had such a bow.....nice shooter.
I shot mine at 7 3/8.

Offline caleb7mm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 12:20:00 PM »
thanks guys, Ive been playing around with it a little and finding 7 3/4 is good. But I am waiting on the sbd string to get here to get serious about it. But as of now it is a shooter for real! I love this bow.
Hoyt Dorado 45&50lb

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©