3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Missed him by THAT much !  (Read 133 times)

Offline Autumnarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Missed him by THAT much !
« on: November 05, 2011, 05:16:00 PM »
Had a flock of about 10-12 turkeys try to sneak through my setup. They approached on my left from behind and ever so nicely worked into range. 10-15 yds.  

I had just hung the stand a couple hrs earlier.  I was a le to slowly stand and turn. The lead hen stepped into the open at 12 yds but was looking up at me. I turned my attention to 2 others that were scratching a couple steps closer. The 2nd one stepped into the clear. Just had to wait for the lead hen to turn her heax so i could draw.  She did, I did and let fly.

And missed ! Stuck it right between the feet. They all kinda jumped and looked around not knowing what happened i slow knocked another arrow but Miss Nosey Beak busted me as i snapped it on he string.

I think what I did is hold a little too low compensating for the close treestand shot.  I was happy to even get to full draw while surrounded by a dozen turkeys.  All in all a fun time.  

Chicken for dinner again. LOL
...stood alone on a montaintop, starin out at a great divide, I could go east, I could go West, it was all up to me to decide, just then I saw a young hawk flyin and my soul began to rise......

Offline Autumnarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Missed him by THAT much !
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 08:29:00 PM »
Oh and it gets worse. About 6:15  i hear a twig snap out in front of me. I see a buck moving through the brush. I hit the can call a couple times and in he comes. Nice 15" wide 8 pt. I'll spare all the details. I flat whiffed and shot right over his back. No excuses. Just flat blew it.  Needless to say it was a long walk back to the camper. Every dog has his day. Unfortunately, today wasn't it.
...stood alone on a montaintop, starin out at a great divide, I could go east, I could go West, it was all up to me to decide, just then I saw a young hawk flyin and my soul began to rise......

Re: Missed him by THAT much !
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 01:59:00 AM »
I really like the old saying:

"A clean miss is better than a bad hit any day!"

You got to have all the fun with none of the work.

Better luck next time!

Bisch

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©