3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: When nature calls???  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Duker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: When nature calls???
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2011, 11:30:00 AM »
I've had my pee-bottle fall from my tree stand and yes LEAK in my back-pack so this year i'm going where ever.The Female pee does sound interesting  :biglaugh:

Offline Geezer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2011, 11:52:00 AM »
When its really cold, just be sure you lean further away from the stand so you don't pee in your coveralls - makes a mess.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
RMEF / NWTF

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2011, 12:55:00 PM »
I hear ya one and all...and respect my Gang bretheran.

But there just something about having to remember WHERE it all landed from a tree stand when I get down, tramping around and my bow, pack and stand have got to be laid down under the tree...

and what Geezer said...you young bucks must still maintain decent "pressure"...cause I might as well just whiz down the tree itself... and with 3 layers on... and BPH...Nah.

I'll stick with the gator aide bottle. And as alluded to, it serves as a  hand warmer for a few minutes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline danderson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2011, 01:23:00 PM »
don't know if this adds up to much but i had an 8 pointer on camera all summer, then in mid july i decided to start peeing near my grain pile (by my fall tree stand) to get them used to my scent for fall, and he never came again
BW SAX Kingwood 54#

1967 Bear Super Kodiak 50#

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2011, 03:51:00 PM »
Definitely get rid of the bottle and go wherever you feel like going.

Reminds me of how a buddy of mine used to take a bottle of Mt.Dew with him to his stand along with another empty Mt. Dew bottle for relieving himself. Well, he got up into his stand and had to pee right then. So, he used the empty bottle to "go" in and then put it back in his pack.

Later, he got thirsty and grabbed his Mt. Dew out of his pack and guess what! You're right! He grabbed the wrong bottle and took a big swig before he realized he grabbed the wrong one! True story.

We always tease him about how, if that happened to one of us, we sure never would've told anyone about it!
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2011, 04:07:00 PM »
I chose a patch of long grass to water in a swamp once, and that caused a distraught brown snake to evacuate. We were both surprised!
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline LoweBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2011, 04:31:00 PM »
Just pee.....I read an interesting article once by a deer biologist on this issue and he claimed that during the rut is the sound of it hitting the leaves will actually attract a buck as he scent checks a does urine.  And actually had a young buck come in this morning right after I had relieved myself.  I watched him walk around and come directly below my stand smelling my urine and never spooked.
Backwater Bowfishing Pro Staff.
MossyOak Pro Staff.
They can have my bow when it's pried from my cold dead fingers.

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »
Doc Nock

I remember as a "young buck" I could hit a knot hole in an adjacent tree from one of my stands. Kinda like shooting the water pistol into the clowns mouth at the carnaval. Ah, those were the days..............

And you are right, you have to plan where to go so you don't lower your bow in the spot. Pee and terbacky spit go to the right, bow to the front, my steps on the left.
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline Shan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2011, 05:21:00 PM »
I remember as a "young buck" I could hit a knot hole in an adjacent tree from one of my stands. Kinda like shooting the water pistol into the clowns mouth at the carnaval. Ah, those were the days..............
:biglaugh:  thats too funny
Semper Fidelis

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2011, 05:26:00 PM »
I PEE! A few years ago I actually had a button buck lickin' it   :eek:  Just this year I had a button buck and a doe fawn under my stand after PEEING. I had cut some branches off  a dogwood tree behind me. They were feeding on the fresh leaves on the ground. My human scent never bothered them.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2011, 06:10:00 PM »
David, David, David....just too many visuals right there...may never see that carnival game in quite the same way again!   :rolleyes:    :jumper:    :dunno:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2011, 06:16:00 PM »
After shooting my deer on Friday, I could hold it no longer. I picked a specific spot so I could remember where. That way I could watch for a reaction from deer.
Had a small buck wack right through it and never paid it any attention.
bigjim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2011, 06:16:00 PM »
I just go   :p
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline BCWV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2011, 06:27:00 PM »
I've been back and forth on this one as I've seen deer pay no attention to it and I've seen deer shy away.

I think deer or any animal can be conditioned to things, good and bad. If a deer smells urine and associates it with danger as in maybe a missed shot or spooked by smelling me because of a wind change, it could teach it to fear the smell.

Make sense? That's my thoughts on it any way.

Offline bowtough

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2011, 06:49:00 PM »
Pee in all my scrapes dude,deer love it!  :thumbsup:  I'm serious I get just as much action as I do by using expensive lures.

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2011, 06:57:00 PM »
Let it fly. I have only had this happen once but several years ago I let fly from about 20' up a tree, there were a lot of leaves on the ground and it made a lot of noise hitting the ground. Before I could finish I heard running footsteps and remember thinking someone was pulling a prank on me when in runs a little 6 point. He walked right beneath me and circled around my stand looking somehwat confused, then ambled off in the direction he was headed when he ran in.

Personally though I try to only drink water when in the stand all day. I avoid coffee because personally I think coffee makes my urine smell particularly strong.

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2011, 07:13:00 PM »
i go rite on the ground, never ever had a problem. now im talking a #1 not a #2 lol
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline Jim Boettcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2011, 07:57:00 PM »
BowhunterGA, I had the same experience you did. I had 2 spikes come charging in to within 15 feet of my tree. Missed the one, but they just stood there looking at each other. Got a second shot and took the other deer. I think I read that same article mentioned above.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2011, 08:38:00 PM »
i would worry more about the excess movement and sound than the Scent, You can pee in a bottle without standing up or making much noise. I once spent 3 morning hours huddled in a ground blind. when I could wait no longer I stood up and walked to the back of it to pee, As soon as I started a six point jumped out of his bed 15 yards away and was gone in a second, he had been there the whole time. I often wonder if I would not have stood up would he have eventuslly tried to sneak off and maybe given me a shot.

Twenty some years ago the host of a show called Michigan Outdoors was testing the claims made by the deer lure peddlers He poured a whole mason jar of his own urine on the Ground and then later filmed deer actually rolling in it like a dog.

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2011, 08:42:00 PM »
Crack,s me up that theres three pages on peeing in the woods. You guys are awesome!

Jason

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©