3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Super easy 'lumenocks'  (Read 373 times)

Offline Mr.Magoo

• Trad Bowhunter
Super easy 'lumenocks'
« on: November 06, 2011, 02:34:00 PM »
I'm sure you all have seen how to make these already, this is just a bit different than some of the methods I've seen.

I'm going to try and explain with hardly any pictures so ...

What you need:
a. the light (this is a Thill bobber light replacement, they have to push/on, pull/off)
b. your nock (something not opaque)
c. a plug for your arrow shaft (here I'm using a plastic drywall anchor)
d. 11/64 th's drill bit
e. super glue

1. Take the 11/64th's bit and drill out your nock a bit. Just cleaning out the existing cavity and making it a bit deeper. Don't drill all the way through.

2. Push the light into the nock until it won't go further. The 11/64th's hole seems just perfect to hold the light so it won't come out accidentally and not need any glue.

3. Take your plug and insert it in the arrow shaft. These drywall anchors are perfect. Just cut off a bit of the flared end and they work great. These were ones I had in the garage and required a 5/16th's hole for use. You could use a little wood plug from a dowel etc...

4. With the nock/light assembled, push the plug into the shaft with it until you have 1/16th's or so left before the nock seats all the way. This gives your light a barrier to push against when you shoot to turn the light on.

5. Remove the nock and drip two or three drops of super glue down the shaft to glue the plug. Let it dry and that's it.

Once the glue dries, push the nock in until just before the light comes on. When you shoot the arrow the light will hit the plug and turn on. To turn the light out, just pull the nock out and click the light off.

It might sound more complicated than it is. This takes about 30 seconds to do (not including drying time). You may need to clean the shaft a bit if you're messy and get a glob of glue in the shaft in front of your plug, but that's about all that can complicate this.

There are a few ways to do this that involve gluing the light into the nock which leads to a few destroyed lights.

Please no pics wider than 640

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Super easy 'lumenocks'
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 05:19:00 PM »
Cool, thanks for the tip!
Noli rogare pro onia pauciora, rogate pro scapulas latiores.

I go afield with bent wood, stick and string in search of serenity  through my primal quest.

Venatôr

Offline burch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 05:50:00 PM »
Now that`s a good bit of info.

Thanks Mr. Magoo  

:thumbsup:

Offline Al33

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 05:57:00 PM »
Thanks, I like and need simple.    ;)    Going to give your method a try.

Offline Mr.Magoo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 08:38:00 PM »

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 08:54:00 PM »
I'll have to try it.  The store bought ones never last for me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©