3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Climb Paws?  (Read 309 times)

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Climb Paws?
« on: November 07, 2011, 04:50:00 PM »
Whats ya'll verdict to those of you that own them?......buckle concerns me but i do not own any...slick system.. looks fast and quiet
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline El gran J

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Climb Paws?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 05:19:00 PM »
Never heard of them...A Pic?
Be Kind, Be Courteous, But always have a plan......

Offline Dave Bowers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 05:47:00 PM »
I remember seeing the and thought they were interesting. But thats as far as I got.

Offline Looper

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 06:21:00 PM »
I just ordered some of the Top Paws to use with some other steps. They look like they'll work great. The only draw back I can see is their bulk. I like to go into the woods without a lot of stuff hanging off me, so I've paired them with Cranford Ezy Steps, which are very compact.

I'll post a few pictures when I get them, which should be tomorrow.

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 07:10:00 PM »
Do a search for climb paws. They just seem to have to much bulk for me.

Offline LV2HUNT

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 04:23:00 AM »
I do not see the advantage over a regular "strap on" step?

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 09:03:00 AM »
One thing I noticed in looking at them. The strap has to be threaded thru the buckle when putting them up. A step that is added work while hanging on the side of a tree.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline Looper

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 08:11:00 PM »
I got the Top Paws and I have to say the are nice. The take about the same amount of time to put on as a Cranford Ezy Step and are much, much more comfortable to stand on. I think I'll order the entire set later on. I'm trying to come up with a good way to carry them, as they are bulky. They are lighter than my Cranford steps, though.

Offline Greg Clark

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 09:26:00 PM »
Joey

I have two sets that I split into two sets of 7 and a 6.  I really like them and can get about 13 to 15 feet with 7.

They carry pretty easily slung over your head/shoulder and are not as bulky as you might think.  I do attach a piece of velcro around the straps as this makes it easier to grab at the velcro and quickly sling over your shoulder.  

As you climb, just unhook one and it slides quietly off and is attached to the tree.  You can hang a couple at a time and then slide into position on the tree.  Once you put your weight onto it, it is locked solidly in place and will not move but is easily loosened by pushing up to remove.  Much easier on the foot than tree steps and nothing to impale you if you do happen to fall and hit one.

I purchased them to use with my Guido's Web and think they are perfect for the sling type stands.  I just never have gotten the hang of the Web after using it a while and use mine with lock on type stands now.

Shoot me a PM if you want any other info.

Offline Greg Clark

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »
Forgot to add that they are totally quiet with no metal (except buckles) to bang together.  I slide the buckles down tight against the step since it is very difficult for them to contact each other this way.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©