3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lone Wolf  (Read 334 times)

Offline swampwalker

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Lone Wolf
« on: November 07, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
Just picked up a brand new Sit an' Climb Wide. Picked up the XL traction belts w/ foot rests. Hazmore seat. I'm stylin! One problem. With the longer belts I'm really limited to the larger trees. Any suggestions? I know there used to be a fix. I really don't see a solution. Help!!!!!!!!

Offline twigflicker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lone Wolf
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 09:47:00 PM »
On my top... wide sit and climb the belts will come out through a little slot on the side... not sure about the regular sit and climbs... on the bottom you're kinda stuck... I do have a buddy that carries a regular belt also in his pack just for those trees that are too small for the XL belts...

Jonathan

Just went to Lone Wolf's site... looks like the regular sit and climb top limits you as well... looks like the only recourse it to have both belts available or hunt bigger trees... which I'd rather do as they hide me better...
TGMM - Family of the Bow
PBS Associate

Offline swampwalker

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 05:13:00 AM »
Thanks for your reply Jonathan. I guess on the older ones you could " reverse the screws" according to some older posts. I don't know how they did that. Still looking for ideas. Can you send me a pic (Please!)of how your belt comes out of a slot? Sometimes those larger trees aren't right there. I guess carrying an extra belt isn't a big chore. I'm a minimalist of sorts, lol.

Offline twigflicker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 08:36:00 AM »
Here's a couple of pics I snapped...  hopefully you'll be able to see what I mean on the wide sit and climb... the belts are hanging out as that's a small bradford pear it's  hanging on...

The bars are covered with camo foam tape to even further deaden the sound so the slots aren't as obvious...

Jonathan

PS  I carry way to much stuff as well... that's why I've not gotten a shorter belt either... but I've been in the same predicament going... I want to be there... next time I just carry the Lone Wolf Hang on and sticks... solves that ;-)
TGMM - Family of the Bow
PBS Associate

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©