3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Git Ready!  (Read 2466 times)

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Git Ready!
« on: November 08, 2011, 09:52:00 AM »
If you have even the slightest chance of hunting tomorrow and Thursday I'd strongly suggest you do whatever possible to get out there. Last night it rained off/on all night with gusts to 25 MPH. Today the prediction is 100% chance of rain with winds to 25 MPH. Wednesday morning at 4 AM it's still 95% chance of rain BUT at 5 AM the front blows through dropping the predicted rain to 0%, the winds dropping down and the temps right at 34 degrees. Absolutely perfect in my opinion for the rut to blow wide open. Novemeber 9th and 10th will very likely be the two best days of whitetail hunting all season. Get out there and best of luck. BW

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Git Ready!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 09:56:00 AM »
So Barry is this you promice to me some thing good is going to happen to me. I have to days off.

doug77

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 09:57:00 AM »
UB,

I'm hoping they'll still me moving on Friday.  Veterans Day is a Federal Holiday and I'll be off work Friday.  I'll be in the woods Friday and Saturday!

I should note that our season here in the Lowcountry of SC has been open since August 15th.  However, I won't go into the woods until we've had at least one good frost.  We had three good ones last week.  The chiggers shouldn't be a problem.  They have a tradition of eating me alive!     :(      :eek:      :scared:  

I'll be carrying my Brazilian Rosewood riser Tall Tines T/D recurve to the woods.  The riser was cut out of the same piece of Brazilian Rosewood that the riser for your Tall Tines was cut from.    

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline todd smith

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 10:00:00 AM »
Thanks for the tip Barry, I'll see if I can get away!!  todd
todd smith

Live wild live free

www.ToddSmithCo.com

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 10:03:00 AM »
Why didnt you tell me this 3 months ago, I would have taken vacation  :readit:  Thats how  much notice my employer requires for scheduled days off..
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 10:36:00 AM »
Now if you would only export a few of those big Iowa whitetails to my area of Wyoming, all would be well!
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 10:41:00 AM »
Thanks, Barry.  I kind of feel like Michael Jordan just told me it was time to play ball!

By the way, is it just my imagination, or is your neck starting to swell in your avatar picture? I guess it is time, indeed!

Thanks again for the "heads up"
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline primitivealltheway

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 10:41:00 AM »
thats my favorite time to hunt ,during a light drizzle in a pop up blind .or right after a heavy rain night before with temps dropping..
"nothing like being in the woods with a stick and string"

Offline Bobby Urban

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 10:42:00 AM »
Looks like the front moves off late Wednesday night here is Mid-Michigan so an all day sit on Thursday looks to be in the mix for me.  So glad I took this week off!

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 11:03:00 AM »
Thanks it has been slow here in Mo so far this trip and have heard the rut is running a week late.  This is just what we are hoping with this weather and will be in the woods,
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Offline Duker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
I've been ready:::Now tell it to the deer  :pray:

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 11:37:00 AM »
Hoping the front pulls through my area by dawn on Friday.  If not I'll be out as soon as it leaves on Friday.  Hopefully the bucks will start moving once the rain stops.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline lablover

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 11:40:00 AM »
I agree with wildmanSC I'm hoping their still moving on Friday cause I'm not getin off till then. My boss don't buy I'm sick during deer season. But I do appreciate the heads up. Good luck to those of you who can get out there.
Bowhunting is a passion, not an obsession. Its just hard for my wife to tell the difference sometimes.

Offline Altiman94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 11:43:00 AM »
I wish I could sneak out. I'm booked solid with meetings until Friday. With the daylight savings time change I can't make it out after work either.
>>>--------->

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 11:46:00 AM »
That same front made it's way across MT this weekend, and I've been enjoying it's aftermath here.   Bucks are moving, but it's just starting for us, really.    Still, I agree, even though it's been through , the temps behind have remained cool, and winds down (nock on wood) and with the moon at full and coming up in the early evening.....a good combo for some action, I think.
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 12:04:00 PM »
Get it out here by Friday or Saturday and all will be good.  

Just looked - front going through Thursday night/Friday early and warming Saturday.    :thumbsup:
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 12:09:00 PM »
Cough, cough..... Uh, oh I might be coming down with something   ;)     ;)
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Two Arrows

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 12:10:00 PM »
I took this week and part of next week off for my hunting vacation. This morning I woke up to rain so I decided to save a vacation day and head into work. Now with your news, I don't feel so bad about not being hunting today. The past 4 days I've seen several bucks trailing does, but no hard chasing so far.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 12:14:00 PM »
I have Wed, Thurs,and Friday off. I hope somthing good happens. Sat is the start of gun season, so I hope to get it done in the next few days.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2011, 12:30:00 PM »
If the 9th and 10th are the two best days, why didn't you wait for them?
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©