3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Git Ready!  (Read 2463 times)

Online frank bullitt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Git Ready!
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2011, 08:00:00 PM »
I thought the same, Biggie!  :biglaugh:

When I read this post earlier, then I lost phone/dial-up service, here, could'nt respond!

11-12 has been good for me here.  

Gun season starts here, Saturday.   :(

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2011, 09:18:00 PM »
It's raining here in PA as I type this and should be all done by the morning with temperatures dropping.  And guess what...I am off tomorrow and will be in the woods.  I hope Barry's prediction holds for PA too   :thumbsup:
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »
I Sat all day from dark to dark and saw one small bit of chasing. Does fed under the cover of their bedding area and the young bucks were out cruising but they weren’t responding to any calls or rattling.

The rain cleared out of our area this morning around 04:30 and we had a cool NW wind all day with clear skies.
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2011, 11:09:00 PM »
I'm off tomorrow ....sit all day in my Guido Web by my Smokey Trap in a greenbriar laced cutover bedding area with multiple trails.

north wind, temps dropping, stand has not been hunted this year, stand on heavy covered trails between water,food and bedding, clear skies and windy!

Perfect recipe ....
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Bone lake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2011, 07:28:00 AM »
Sat from daylight till 11:30,0 deer, 2:00 till dark, 5 does and fawns. Woke up to 3"of snow with a N.W.wind whipping the trees around, putting on a extra layer today.We'll see what happens this morning. Good Luck Guys.

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2011, 10:10:00 AM »
I'll be down in your neck of the woods this weekend Barry, with camera in hand. I'm not hunting here at home due to a pinched nerve issue in my right arm. It's much better but I'd rather not chance a bad shot, so I'm headed down there to see how close I can get to photograph or video some activity. I'd have been down sooner, but we have colleges to visit. Should be fun though! Maybe we'll see you around town.
Got wood? - Tom

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2011, 11:58:00 AM »
Absolutely of no help to me......I don't live in Iowa with a good deer population.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2011, 04:52:00 PM »
Flat around here today. Very little deer movement.
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Offline Bone lake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2011, 06:46:00 PM »
Not much here either, seen a doe and fawn this morning, another by itself but couldn't tell what it was. had a small 6 pt. chase a doe under me at 3:15. That was my day,hoping for better things tomorrow.

Offline bryan r

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2011, 07:00:00 PM »
5 different bucks chasing today. Watched an arrow sail over the back of a nice 10... Hopefully he comes back tomorrow. It's on in northern MN.

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2011, 07:52:00 PM »
I sat from sun up till dark, never saw a deer till 3:55 PM then I had 7 does and fawns in a picked bean feild till dark. Not one single buck.

doug77

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2011, 07:54:00 PM »
Good call Barry!

Bro and I took 1 wed and 1 thurs!
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2011, 07:55:00 PM »
I spent the entire day sitting a funnel between two thickets in Ohio. I never laid eyes on one single deer...........now my wife, on the other hand saw a shooter come through about 5 minutes after a doe came through below her. To far for a shot, so maybe next time.

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »
OK......the cold will be here in the AM....28 degrees....hopefully I can get out for a couple of hours tomorrow!!!!!!!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2011, 07:59:00 PM »
Sunup to 11 on Wed saw 1 spike cruising.
Sunup to 11:30 and 1:30 til dark today. Saw 4 does and 3 yearlings and was this close to layin' down a big tom turkey.
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2011, 12:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by doug77:
I sat from sun up till dark, never saw a deer till 3:55 PM then I had 7 does and fawns in a picked bean feild till dark. Not one single buck.

doug77
YEP    Sun up till sun down.....A nice shooter at 8:00 (down wind and he got out of there), bumped a doe going to a different stand at 10:30 and nothing the rest of the day  :knothead:  

I hve no idea whats going on.............makes no sense to me!  This year is by far the oddest iv seen  :dunno:
The Lord Is My Provider......

Offline leftyfred

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »
Here is SW MO we had shooting light 24 hrs a day the last couple of days.  Not one cloud to cover the moon.  I did see one chase yesterday at a distance, but the bruisers were not cruising their territory here.  Think the moon shut things down during legal shooting hours.  LF

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2011, 09:25:00 PM »
Just an update on what I saw. My findings were very similar to Gatekeepers. On 11/9 I sat from dark to dark. Only saw seven deer total. 3 does and four bucks. 1 little guy; 2 medium and one big one. He was a beauty. 6x6 that I bet was 23" inside. low/mid 160's. All the bucks were alone just cruising. All the does were also alone. I went two three hour plus stretches without seeing a deer. On 11/10 I again sat all day in another area. Saw a total of 11 does and 4 bucks. 1 small, 1 med. and two pretty nice ones. One mid 140" 5x5, probably 4.5. And another 5x4 that was mature, probably 140" and 5 yr.old. I played with them some. Absolutely no responses to rattling, wheeze, grunting, bleating, etc. I had the 5x4 and the 6x6 stop and take a couple steps towards me with a wheeze but they could see there was no deer there and walked away. I feel the best is yet to come. The night before 11/9 we got about 1/2" of snow and it was very windy during the night. I noticed a lot of movement in the snow during the night. More than I expected. And several scrapes worked over in the snow before first light. I really thought the cold weather after a day and a half of moisture/winds would get them going. So much for my "expert" advice. Hang in there guys. BW

Offline T Sunstone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2011, 09:36:00 PM »
I shot a 135 class buck this morning just cruising, had some ground shrinkage thought he was a little bigger.  My buddy saw a 150-160 class 10 point but got his wind at 80 yards.  Saw a few small bucks cruising this evening.

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2011, 09:42:00 PM »
Hunted yesterday morning didn't see any movement.  Hunted today with high winds dark to dark and saw three does and two bucks.  I have to work tomorrow dark till late and going to give it a go Sunday.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©