3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Git Ready!  (Read 2465 times)

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Git Ready!
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2011, 11:16:00 PM »
Pulled an all dayer again today, I saw 1 spike buck at 4:50 PM  What the heck I've hunted Iowa for the last 11 years and never seen any thing like this. I know our deer population is down and it's a full moon. I'm sleeping in tomorrow and taking my daughter Mattie out tomorrow afternoon maybe she can being me a little luck. I had this week off and logged a ton of hours on stand and have only seen 10 -15 deer all week.

doug77

Offline Bone lake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2011, 06:51:00 AM »
I had a great day on 11-11-11, saw deer all day. 4 were bucks, one decent 8 pt. couldn't get a shot.Stood 20 yds away with a tree covering his chest then the doe drug him off, watched them for 3 hours before they went out of sight. My brother shot a 6 pt. last night, his 1st with a trad bow. Looking good around here after that nasty weather cleared out.

Offline Stone Sheep

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2011, 09:05:00 AM »
Barry called it in my neck of the woods (east of Kansas City). On 11-9 I had a nice buck at 8 yards but the right side was broken off at the brow tine. I saw several small and medium bucks chasing does in the am. At 2pm saw a huge 170 class buck cruising, got winded. 4pm saw the biggest typical buck that I have ever seen alive, he chased some does by me at mach 10 then stood in a field with them for a few minutes. At 4:30 I had a 130 class 8 point come cruising in. He would not respond to calling.The other two guys that I hunt with also saw bucks in the 160 range. No shots!!
11-10 was similar with most activity from 1pm to dark.
11-11 all went quiet.
11-12 the orange army appears. I am now rooting for the deer.The timing of the Missouri gun season makes no biological sense!!!
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Board of Directors (past)
United Bowunters of Missouri Board of Directors

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2011, 11:15:00 AM »
I couldn’t agree more, Bob. The timing of Missouri’s gun season is dumb.     :smileystooges:    

No action this AM.(To clarify, I mean while hunting…for deer)   :laughing:
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Offline Bone lake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2011, 08:04:00 PM »
Things were different today,didn't see a deer until 10:00,a buck chasing a doe then another group of 3, pretty sure one was a decent buck but they were hard to get a good look at. No deer tonight but saw 3 bears.It was warm and windy today, I hate when that happens.

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2011, 08:28:00 PM »
Mattie and I got on stand at 1:45 PM had a buck about 135" come into the CRP at 2:15 and beded down about 150 yards away we could just see his antlers in the grass, and he was still laying when we left at dark, we saw no other deer.

doug77

Offline Jim Boettcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2011, 11:36:00 AM »
Hunted with my daughter since Thursday, just got home. We didn't see a single deer during shooting hours. Last night, at dark I took the bow in the house and went back out to sit and see what ever. AT 9:00 PM I saw the first doe and a few bucks. I couldn't tell what they were, only had the moon light to see. Definitly moving at night with this moon in my area.

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2011, 06:28:00 PM »
Firday was the day for me. Big bucks gone wild. No shot, but now I know who I am after:)
Saturday was a bust. Today I was not able to hun. Now to pick the best day this week.....Barry?
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline Greg Szalewski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2011, 07:42:00 PM »
The snow turned to ice got the best of me. 6 to 8 inches of the wettest snow possible came down Wednesday and froze up solid Thursday night. Talk about noisy, and then chissel out your stand on top of it. Saw 3 fri evening, they were moving VERY slow. 1 Sat morning moving slower. Then Sat the thaw came and all the ice started falling out of the trees. In the evening the deer started to move. Saw 4 an hour and a half before close. Sun morning was better. Saw 7 against the snow in the moon light before I left the trailer, then 6 more on stand but nothing close enough for a shot. Next week is gun season here.
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest Bowmen
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©